Welcome to City Javi Garcia

Just watched the interview. Really positive and I look forward to see him play.

Hi guys, I'm a Benfica supporter. I've seen that most of you have questions about Javi's quality and many have never seen him play.

I can guarantee that you have made a very good signing. Javi is, in my opinion, one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He used to play in Benfica, in that position, in a 4-1-3-2 tactic (suicidal, I know). Being the only midfielder with defensive attributes, he was pivotal for the team since he provided very strong aerial ability, flawless positioning and aggressiveness.

Javi has played as central defender during part of his years on Real, which made him a very strong tackler. He is often too agressive but his defensive capability merged with his willingness to fight for ball possession make him a top player. You will also often see him covering the attacking movements of the full backs.

Regarding Javi's offensive ability, he is not an amazing player. But he his really good in what a player shall do in his position: good ball control, high short passing accuracy and no attempts to do what he can't (long-pass assists, dribbling, etc.). However, if you place him as a center midfielder (as often british teams do, with no clear defensive m.), I confess I believe his quality will vanish as the space will be more reduced for Javi to play and he is not an agile player.

He was my favorite player in Benfica and I am quite upset given that: i) he was sold quite cheap (he is not worse than Javi Martinez and costed half); ii) Benfica bought one (more) striker instead of replacing him; iii) he was pivotal for the team's tactic; iv) Witsel just left and we have 1!!! player in the squad for 2 positions (apart from the youth academy).

I wish I could wish him good luck. But since we now know that he "forced" his way out of Benfica I just can't. And seeing that interview, I admit I had a deja vu. He said the exact same things, almost word by word, during the three years in Benfica (which also made him become a fan's favorite).

Glorioso said:
Hi guys, I'm a Benfica supporter. I've seen that most of you have questions about Javi's quality and many have never seen him play.

I can guarantee that you have made a very good signing. Javi is, in my opinion, one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He used to play in Benfica, in that position, in a 4-1-3-2 tactic (suicidal, I know). Being the only midfielder with defensive attributes, he was pivotal for the team since he provided very strong aerial ability, flawless positioning and aggressiveness.

Javi has played as central defender during part of his years on Real, which made him a very strong tackler. He is often too agressive but his defensive capability merged with his willingness to fight for ball possession make him a top player. You will also often see him covering the attacking movements of the full backs.

Regarding Javi's offensive ability, he is not an amazing player. But he his really good in what a player shall do in his position: good ball control, high short passing accuracy and no attempts to do what he can't (long-pass assists, dribbling, etc.). However, if you place him as a center midfielder (as often british teams do, with no clear defensive m.), I confess I believe his quality will vanish as the space will be more reduced for Javi to play and he is not an agile player.

He was my favorite player in Benfica and I am quite upset given that: i) he was sold quite cheap (he is not worse than Javi Martinez and costed half); ii) Benfica bought one (more) striker instead of replacing him; iii) he was pivotal for the team's tactic; iv) Witsel just left and we have 1!!! player in the squad for 2 positions (apart from the youth academy).

I wish I could wish him good luck. But since we now know that he "forced" his way out of Benfica I just can't. And seeing that interview, I admit I had a deja vu. He said the exact same things, almost word by word, during the three years in Benfica (which also made him become a fan's favorite).
Thanks for the insight, Glorioso, and welcome to BlueMoon.

Glorioso said:

Thanks for sharing.

Glorioso said:

Sounds like we've signed Nigel De Jong.

Chungo said:
Glorioso said:

A taller de Jong though.

pauljv92 said:
Chungo said:
Glorioso said:

A taller de Jong though.

With a bit of Latin flavour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.