Welcome to City Maximo Perrone

Sounds very promising this kid if he matches the hype surrounding him but wouldn't say Pirlo created the role, he was certainly amongst the best though alongside Xavi both were close to perfection during their prime, Redondo earlier at Real and even Pep earlier than that were both deep lying playmakers absolutely key to their sides success orchestrating things, Pirlo replaced and quickly surpassed a brilliant Albertini who'd become injury prone at AC Milan, he became a was a much more polished player once converted from attacking midfield but both shared similar attributes... Rijkaard before them both too could easily be considered the best of all mentioned above he was that good, that's just from 3 teams during a 15 year period between the early 1990s to mid 2000s.

They've always been around really just more recognised due to their importance in the success of both Cruyff /Sacchi and what followed, both coaches cited their defensive playmakers orchestrating from deep as being hugely instrumental... Other coaches have followed their path and the importance of the position has become much more recognised in the modern game.

Even Jose Andrade for Uruguay was the best player in the world and doing what Pirlo did for them 75+ years before him, for a good while during the 20s/30s it was universally recognised he was the world's best player and he was a defensive midfield playmaker, there's been too many between all those mentioned but Andrade started it all off really, as the first true superstar one a little in the Pirlo mode but with high energy he didn't rely on his physicality, according to historians he had bags of stamina great awareness in his reading of the game and superb passing range to go with his technical attributes.

If we sign this kid and he's good enough eventually he's likely to play a Bernardo type role sitting in front of Rodri/Phillips orchestrating from deep, allowing Foden and others to work their magic he'll primarily be the cog between attack and defence like everyone mentioned above for their respective sides... This is why Bellingham if we sign him could seriously thrive he'll have the energy to get up and down the pitch, while being surrounded by pure technical marvels helping him improve too.
Excellent breakdown. I can't say I know as much about Andrade except from what I've read. As far as Pirlo "creating" the role I meant more from the standpoint of being primarily an orchestrator while sitting in front of a back 4 but not necessarily a "defensive" mid as normally thought of. Xavi had Busquets behind him. Rijkaard, for me, was a bit more defensive than Pirlo. Pep a good shout, but not quite at Pirlo's level offensively. Pirlo had a world class attacking mid skill set but lacked the pace to play there. While playing at Brescia alongside Roberto Baggio his manager, Carlo Mazzone, moved him into a deep-lying role and his career took off. It was unique in the sense that Pirlo didn't necessarily have any of the tools normally associated with someone playing that deep in the midfield. In that regard I always considered him a bit of a pioneer. That said, I brought up Pirlo because of the way the scouting report made this Perrone kid sound. If he turns out to be half as good as Pirlo I'd say we did pretty good.

As far as deep-lying playmakers, although playing in a completely different formation in a now very seldom used role (if ever) who was better than the Kaiser, Franz Beckenbauer?

Perrone is a kid who has been under the radar of big clubs before his debut in first team
for example two years ago:

For those who saw Redondo, saving the differences, he has a similar style

He plays like we say "de 5" (dm) or "interno" one of the midliefers in a 4-3-3, but because his technique, touch and ability he is capable to play like an am too.
He likes to attach, he score the goal which gave velez the classifation to the next round in the "Copa Libertadores" (sudamerican champions) in the last minute vs Nacional de Uruguay in Uruguay

And help Velez to reach semifinals for that tournament first time in 11 years, beating River (with enzo and julian) in round of 16

Here is where he plays today

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-31 at 13.29.07.jpeg

Perrone is a kid who has been under the radar of big clubs before his debut in first team
for example two years ago:

For those who saw Redondo, saving the differences, he has a similar style

He plays like we say "de 5" (dm) or "interno" one of the midliefers in a 4-3-3, but because his technique, touch and ability he is capable to play like an am too.
He likes to attach, he score the goal which gave velez the classifation to the next round in the "Copa Libertadores" (sudamerican champions) in the last minute vs Nacional de Uruguay in Uruguay

And help Velez to reach semifinals for that tournament first time in 11 years, beating River (with enzo and julian) in round of 16

Here is where he plays today

View attachment 64852

If we sign him. I eventually expect him to replace bernardo silva's position in midfield next to rodri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.