Welcome to Manchester - The story of 'that' Tevez Poster

this advertising co "buzzz" should have kept their mouths shut, not use it like this to advertise themselves, this makes City look like they're taking a cynical view, not "saying it as it is", .............we may have lost the moral highground here

lloydie said:
this advertising co "buzzz" should have kept their mouths shut, not use it like this to advertise themselves, this makes City look like they're taking a cynical view, not "saying it as it is", .............we may have lost the moral highground here

the only thing lost is your sense of humour : )

I think citys marketing over the last couple of years has really stepped up a gear. The "old blues eyes is back" on every bus started it. Then "this is our city" took it up a level. Obviously the Tevez poster showed we were happy to go toe to toe with utd.
Also though the claiming of the symbolic bee was inspired. As has the work Umbro have done in promoting the new kit. The blue moon posters without words. The actual return to simple basics with the kit itself. The limited edition T shirts in boxes.
They are all examples of how slick and smart the marketing lads have become.
Its a great credit to all concerned.

lloydie said:

I think the club may be aware of this, as in they've OK'ed it. Not only that, but Buzz have probably got a huge bonus(money wise) off the club and a very lucrative contract for future PR work. Not to mention other advertiser's banging their door down.

If I owned Buzz I would be bathing in champagne ATM. Thye've just hit the jackpot.

Great PR job.

Interesting video. Especially liked that comment from the New York Times.

If you were the company who produced the poster, and saw it's success, wouldn't you boast about it?!?!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.