Welcome To Manchester

James Lawton, football writer for Express (?) said on radio 5 Monday night club:
"This shows that City have no class. United would never do anything like that."
Presumably he missed the Stretford end scoreboard.......or maybe he had an agenda.
He's dead now. Karma!
The Independent I think, he also said City's season after the first title was the worst defence of the premier league crown ever staged even though there's been worse before and since - he fucking hated us.

The Independent I think, he also said City's season after the first title was the worst defence of the premier league crown ever staged even though there's been worse before and since - he fucking hated us.
Our 68-69 season was not great in league terms.
Chelsea implosion comes to mind.

Didn't Chelsea finish mid-table during their players "We hate Mourinho" period?
Going further back Blackburn finished 7th the season after they won it. Remember them being in a relgation battle till around march time as we're Leicester a couple of seasons ago.

Chelsea finished 10th the season after they won it. That was the players revolt and the Mourinho meltdown season

It was genius.
I posted something on the MUEN City Forum at the time which ended up being included on a You Tube feature. My claim to fame. Lol.
The genius for me was the different ways it could be interpreted. Was it City welcoming Tevez to Manchester having left Stretford ? Was it Tevez welcoming people to Manchester having left Stretford ? Was it Tevez running away from Stretford to Manchester with arms wide open ? Was it Manchester welcoming Tevez to City ? Or was it just a big 'Fuck Off ' to the rags ?
It really was genius of the highest order and the Cookie Monster's finest hour IMHO.

James Lawton, football writer for Express (?) said on radio 5 Monday night club:
"This shows that City have no class. United would never do anything like that."
Presumably he missed the Stretford end scoreboard.......or maybe he had an agenda.
He's dead now. Karma!

Cant see how it showed a lack of class. I guess stating the truth is something journalist would have a problem with. Tevez had never played for a Manchester based club. There was nothing stopping utd in doing a 'welcome to Trafford ' poster. Utd use our Citys name thats all they arent in Manchester never had as utd. The poster was bang on and I loved it !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.