Well Done Brian Kidd

What does Brian Kidd really do these days with the team? Every training video or game, he always seems to be the third wheel.

thenabster said:
What does Brian Kidd really do these days with the team? Every training video or game, he always seems to be the third wheel.

Puts out the cones now Platt's gone.

Helmet Cole said:
thenabster said:

Not bad for 900,000 per year.

thenabster said:
Helmet Cole said:
thenabster said:

Oh, you are being serious then? All the time in the world for Kiddo, so if you are wanting a 'Kid out' thing I'll have to declare myself 'out' Dragons Den stylee at this point. I'm far to busy with my Pellegrini out campaign at the moment, and still gutted we didn't get Moyes.

Helmet Cole said:
thenabster said:
Helmet Cole said:

Oh, you are being serious then? All the time in the world for Kiddo, so if you are wanting a 'Kid out' thing I'll have to declare myself 'out' Dragons Den stylee at this point. I'm far to busy with my Pellegrini out campaign at the moment, and still gutted we didn't get Moyes.

Well I serious on wanting to know what his role is at the club these days. But I'm not campaigning for him to leave. He's cool at City.

As with the vast majority of fans on here, I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes of a professional football club. I presume Kidd helps form the bond between the players and the manager. He probably does loads of stuff that might not get noticed but if he wasnt there could well start to affect the players and team.

Our vastly experienced manager will have known all about Kidd before he took the job and Im sure he would have asked him to stay on.

As said previously, there is no other person more steeped in Manchester football than Kidd. We are blessed to have his experience at our club in these exciting times.

NSBFL said:
Brian Kidd is a true gentleman and a Manc legend. End of. And any genuine football fan from Manchester, BLUE or red, would agree.

Well said that man. Kiddo is a top coach according to many pro footballers who have worked with him and he has been integral to our recent success under Mancini. Its great to have a top Manc with a real passion for City on the coaching staff.

I don't like where this thread is going, Kidd is a true gent, a Manc and ex player of this club for me if all he did was put the cones out as some has suggested that is good enough for me, but I suspect he has a lot more input than we will ever know behind the scenes helping Pellegrini get to grips with prem league.

thenabster said:

Well he's one of the coaches isn't he, obviously ?

We had several last season, including Platt & we have several now.

To find out exactly which part of the coaching he does, you would have to go and watch but last week for instance he was in charge of everything when Pellegrini was away & basically managed the team.

He also knows more about Premier League football than Pellegrini & Mancini put together, so will be invaluable in that respect, as he was when we won the league.

Neville Kneville said:
thenabster said:

Well he's one of the coaches isn't he, obviously ?

We had several last season, including Platt & we have several now.

To find out exactly which part of the coaching he does, you would have to go and watch but last week for instance he was in charge of everything when Pellegrini was away & basically managed the team.

He also knows more about Premier League football than Pellegrini & Mancini put together, so will be invaluable in that respect, as he was when we won the league.

Exactly.

And, how many top clubs have just two coaches?

I don't know if Manuel could have vetoed Kiddo's involvement and I doubt he would have been foolish enough to do so but I'd guess that Txiki and Co told MP upfront that Kidd was to be retained.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.