Well done HARRY.

mct

I hope he goes ahead with his threat of not speaking to TV after games if the FA punish him

So do I, would be great not having to look at the saggy faced twat every time I put SSN on.

But fair play to him, about time someone stood up to the FA. Seems anyone who speaks a bit of common sense is silenced at the first possible opportunity.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has refused to backtrack after describing Nani's goal as "a farce" in Manchester United's 2-0 win on Saturday.

The Football Association will decide on Tuesday whether to charge Redknapp for his description of the disputed goal.

"Good luck to them if they want to make an issue of what I said, then I'll make some issues as well," said Redknapp.

"Don't expect me to come out on the TV any more, ever, and speak to the press after the game, because I won't do it."

With Manchester United leading 1-0, and six minutes of the match remaining, Nani slotted past Heurelho Gomes with the Spurs keeper looking on, believing he had lined up a free-kick after the winger's handball.

When I'm asked a question I give a truthful answer: He made a right mess of it all. That was my answer and I stand by that 100%

Harry Redknapp
However, referee Mark Clattenburg allowed the goal as he had not awarded Spurs a free-kick.

Redknapp's immediate reaction after the game was to say: "The whole thing was a farce. It was handball. Nani put his hand on it and dragged it down. Mark Clattenburg is a top referee but he has had a nightmare with that."

And asked on Monday about a potential sanction from the FA, Redknapp responded: "If you want me to come out and talk rubbish and say, 'No, it was a good decision, I'm quite happy with it', then don't bother getting me to come out after a game.

"If I can't come on TV when I do get asked a question and answer it in a truthful manner, am I supposed to come out after and say, 'It was a jolly good decision of Mark Clattenburg, I felt he handled it very well'?

"Then we shouldn't be dragged out onto TV four minutes after the game. I'm getting pulled out there by Simon the press officer to go on TV - I don't want to go on TV, I'd much rather stay in the dressing room with the players.

"But when I'm asked a question I give a truthful answer: He made a right mess of it all. That was my answer and I stand by that 100%."

606: DEBATE
Have your say on
Ex-Premier League referee Alan Wiley, who now coaches the 16 select match officials as part of his role with the Professional Game Match Officials (PGMO), has backed the under-fire Clattenburg.

"What we have to remember is that the goal is within the laws of the game," Wiley told BBC Radio 5 live. the incident

"The game hadn't stopped and so, in essence, Mark was right in law. You're taught right from the very start that you don't stop until the whistle blows or the ball goes out of play, so in law, the goal is a correct goal."

Wiley, who retired from refereeing in July, also rubbished the theory that Clattenburg should have disallowed the goal on the basis that Tottenham had not received an advantage after Nani's handball that preceded the incident.

"I'm sure that Mark must have thought at that stage, at 1-0 to Manchester United and Spurs wanting to keep the game going and Gomes had the ball in his hands, that he wanted to keep the game moving," Wiley continued.

Click to play
Click to play

Rednapp blasts 'farcical' Man Utd goal
"The situation is that if you're going to think about bringing it back, for instance if a player is fouled but then he loses his footing and he still can't keep control of the ball, then you can bring it back.

"In that situation there, Gomes has actually got the ball in his hands and has actually still got possession of the ball.

"What he then does after that is nothing to do with the referee. If he chose to throw the ball on the ground, that was his choice. He didn't throw it there because he lost control of it, so therefore in those circumstances you're probably giving the goalkeeper two bites of the cherry."

At full-time on Saturday, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said his belief that the officials were not to blame.

"You can look at the referee and look at the linesmen and blame them, but the goalkeeper should know better. He's an experienced goalkeeper. I thought he made a mess of it," Ferguson commented after seeing his men keep up the pressure on Premier League leaders Chelsea.

Tottenham were also unhappy that while their players were waved away by Clattenburg as he spoke to his assistant about the incident at Old Trafford, United defender Rio Ferdinand was not.

He basically said, the press and TV drag managers out for interviews within a few minutes of the final whistle and when asked a direct question about whether the referee was right about giving the Nani goal HR replied "No, he made a right mess of it"....... now the FA (who insist you make yourself available for these interviews unless your name is fergie) are contemplating charging Redknapp......

Now I realise many of you on here don't like him, but as he said, what are they going to charge me for, giving an honest answer to a question??

What was I meant to say, Nani did not handle the ball and the referee handled the whole situation perfectly.....

If they want to charge me then don't expect me to give any post match interviews again, ever.....

I may be a Spurs fan, but in essence he is right..... if his answer is not what the FA want to hear, what is he meant to do (a) not say anything when someone from ESPN, SKY, BBC has a microphone shoved up ur nose or (b) lie......???

The Football Association will decide on Tuesday whether to charge Redknapp for his description of the disputed goal

Just sums up the FA. Nothing about the continued incompetance of this ref, nothing about the lack of respec shown by Utd players with van Der Sar rushing from the other side of the pitch to have a pop. Nothing about Scholes forcibly pushing Clattenburg, so much so he almost lost his balance. Nothing about the non captain of Utd continuing to speak after all Spurs have been waved away. Nothing to do with Spurs players booked for thier 1st fouls, Gallas and kaboul but fletcher and co getting away with kick after kick after kick. Nothing about the continued lack of sportsmanship by nani, shortly after his appalling behavious in the liverpool game.

But call the farce a farce and thier all over you unless your the Utd manager

When Redknapp is hauled in front of the FA to explain his comments, Clattenburg should be hauled in front of a camera like the managers are and asked to explain his decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.