Well Done Mark Hughes

Look ...lets not get carried away
I believe the team played as best as there abilities in the second half...what happened in the first half? what happens when we play stoke and portsmouth?
Good performance by all today...theres no reason why we shouldnt do what we did in the second half every game

well played team/MH

.......................Given
Richards...Dunne......Onuoha...Bridge
......................De Jong
......Ireland.......................Zab
......................Kompany
.................................Robinho
.........Bellamy

Interesting set-up that was very well played.

Kompany shut down Mascherano very well and allowed our full backs to get down the line knowing they could rely on Ireland, De Jong and Zabaletta to cover for them. Bellamy broke very well to the wings and was a much better outlet today, mainly because players were looking for that run.

It will be interesting to see who will sit for SWP on Thursday, or whether he will keep faith and show SWP that NO-ONE walks back into a team that is performing. My guess, though, is that Zab will sit and SWP will come in on the right, with Ireland switching out to the left. VK and NDJ will play the same role as they did today, although VK will play a little more withdrawn to allow SWP and Ireland to break more often.

Starting to look like a more solid squad, with players who can adapt to the needs and play a strong game in multiple positions. Just what is needed in the Prem, what with all the injuries and suspensions late in the year. I might actually allow Stevie Ireland to have a rest for the first 60 minutes on Thursday and bring in Elano, that way we have TWO excellent midfielders on the bench (Zab and Ireland) who can come on and turn the game, if necessary. I am thinking VK MIGHT not make the full 90 on Thursday, so having Zab on the bench would be good, and if we need to attack more due to a goal from FCK (blasphemy!!!), Ireland and Caiceido are ready made attackers to come on for NDJ or VK, or even Bridge, and shuffling into a back three while FCK defend for their lives.

Well done, Hughes, nice set up and execution!

ChicagoBlue said:
.........Bellamy

Kompany shut down Mascherano very well and allowed our full backs to get down the line knowing they could rely on Ireland, De Jong and Zabaletta to cover for them. Bellamy broke very well to the wings and was a much better outlet today, mainly because players were looking for that run.

It will be interesting to see who will sit for SWP on Thursday, or whether he will keep faith and show SWP that NO-ONE walks back into a team that is performing. My guess, though, is that Zab will sit and SWP will come in on the right, with Ireland switching out to the left. VK and NDJ will play the same role as they did today, although VK will play a little more withdrawn to allow SWP and Ireland to break more often.

Starting to look like a more solid squad, with players who can adapt to the needs and play a strong game in multiple positions. Just what is needed in the Prem, what with all the injuries and suspensions late in the year. I might actually allow Stevie Ireland to have a rest for the first 60 minutes on Thursday and bring in Elano, that way we have TWO excellent midfielders on the bench (Zab and Ireland) who can come on and turn the game, if necessary. I am thinking VK MIGHT not make the full 90 on Thursday, so having Zab on the bench would be good, and if we need to attack more due to a goal from FCK (blasphemy!!!), Ireland and Caiceido are ready made attackers to come on for NDJ or VK, or even Bridge, and shuffling into a back three while FCK defend for their lives.

unfortunately, NDJ is not in the UEFA squad.

I wasn't too bothered about the lack of ambition shown in the first half as Liverpool tend to apply immense pressure in the first 25 minutes. We did the right thing in sitting back and trying to absorb that. If Stevie Ireland had shot anywhere but at Reina then we might even have gone in 1 up.

Fallingbostel Blue said:
ChicagoBlue said:
.........Bellamy

unfortunately, NDJ is not in the UEFA squad.

Bollox! I knew that, too! Thanks, so I guess Zab does NOT get a rest!!!

What the fuck were you smoking watching the game? Zab was dreadful for the first 70 minutes of the game today. De Jong is starting to get into it and Vinnie was excellent, although lucky not to walk. That being said everyone raving about Wayne Bridge and what a quality left-back he is have shut their mouth's quickly. His performances have been turd. Just when you think he can't get any worse he squats and takes another dump. Poor Garrido must be pulling his hair out.

Great result, but means nothing if we can't get something out of West Ham next week. Big game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.