We'll miss you sweep....(Merged)

Re: We'll miss you sweep....

gingerthai said:
citysince88 said:
SWP will always be welcome, He is a legend, and it is sad that he's leaving but at least we get to see him play and rip a few more defences to shreds.

Guess you didnt read the previous posts. He has since stated it was a joke.

HAHA yeah I should of read past page five :)

Well I'm quite glad lol

Re: SWP Staying?

D.Villa said:
MCFC BOB said:
D.Villa said:
I guess Tevez isn't a City legend either then.

did you just suggest herman is a city legend?

define 'legend' emo kid

I'd define 'legend' as someone who captained us in a FA Cup victory.

I'd also define 'legend' as someone who scored over 50 goals in under two seasons.

I'd also define 'legend' as someone who propelled a team from "could be's" to "they are's".

So what if he thinks our food is shite and his bird hates the rain. If we ever have anyone else in the clubs history that has as bigger positive effect as Tevez we'll be truly blessed.

Back on topic:

Again, I do like Shaun, but when does anyone see him featuring for us this season?

Saved city on the pitch and on the trading profit and loss accounts.

Then came back to City when Everton looked a better option.

Dragged us through when Tevez was firing blanks. Surprising he does not play well when he is not given the chance to play, or stuck on the left.

The best all round city player this century.

Hail SWP!

Sweep yes a great player for us no doubt. Think about it for a while and look at some of the comments on this thread and you have to say things are getting out of hand.

1) He is the best of a poor bunch of players who have made the first team.
2) He did not leave the club to save City he left to further his career.
3) People continually knock Pearce but he didn't have the option to sign someone for £3.8 mil let alone £38.00 mil
4) Sweep is a smashing lad and is easy to love due to his diminutive stature.
5) No City Manager has ever had the guts to play him in his proper position which in my opinion is in the hole behind the strikers. He has incredible balance and a phenomenal shot but is wasted as a wide player where he looses the ball far too often.
6) At his best he played alongside some very ordinary players. We have moved on from Goater, Huckerby and Samaras all of whom played a part in our rise back. Sorry that is underplaying Goater's contribution as he was massive but we have to be honest with ourselves don't we?
7) Sweep is one of my favourite players but sorry but he has no place in our future.

Re: SWP Staying?

D.Villa said:
MCFC BOB said:
D.Villa said:
I guess Tevez isn't a City legend either then.

did you just suggest herman is a city legend?

define 'legend' emo kid
Emo kid? Excellent, original, witty, genius.

Well, in total, Wright-Phillips has been with us for ten years in two terms. He's given us some excellent memories, scored some excellent goals and turned games on their heads by coming up with moments of genius week after week when the team around him wasn't good enough to finish as high as we did.

His second term at City may not have been as good as his first, and his dad may have tried to get him a better contract by acting like a first class idiot, but he's my favourite City player of all time and he gave City fans a reason to be excited about every game when things weren't so great.

SWP.... We'll miss your spirit and humour... You've been great for our club. I'll always have respect for you.

Most in this thread are just like to many football fans, quick to label someone world class, in this case legend.

Sweep never saved us off the pitch really, Abramovich did. It was him who parted with the cash, when deep down Ali Mack said to us in a bar, we would of sold him for less, and that Mourinho didnt even want him.

Cini Man said:
Sweep yes a great player for us no doubt. Think about it for a while and look at some of the comments on this thread and you have to say things are getting out of hand.

1) He is the best of a poor bunch of players who have made the first team.
2) He did not leave the club to save City he left to further his career.
3) People continually knock Pearce but he didn't have the option to sign someone for £3.8 mil let alone £38.00 mil
4) Sweep is a smashing lad and is easy to love due to his diminutive stature.
5) No City Manager has ever had the guts to play him in his proper position which in my opinion is in the hole behind the strikers. He has incredible balance and a phenomenal shot but is wasted as a wide player where he looses the ball far too often.
6) At his best he played alongside some very ordinary players. We have moved on from Goater, Huckerby and Samaras all of whom played a part in our rise back. Sorry that is underplaying Goater's contribution as he was massive but we have to be honest with ourselves don't we?
7) Sweep is one of my favourite players but sorry but he has no place in our future.

When did he play in the same side as Samaras? Typical of the knockers not knowing their stuff.
City wanted him to go as we needed the money.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Most in this thread are just like to many football fans, quick to label someone world class, in this case legend.

Sweep never saved us off the pitch really, Abramovich did. It was him who parted with the cash, when deep down Ali Mack said to us in a bar, we would of sold him for less, and that Mourinho didnt even want him.

*shudder* I'd tried to blank Mr. Mackintosh out of my memory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.