Well today put the question of worst fans to bed

I made this point in an earlier mail.

Stick to a handful of intense, slowish chants or songs to establish a collective involvement and atmosphere that everyone can contribute to.

Starting with The Poznan, that’s what happened yesterday, and it built from putting down that marker early.

The celebratory songs will naturally follow as the game and noise progresses.

I think that we’re at a point now where we have to have a ‘game plan / game management for our atmosphere and choice of chants.

We now should ‘park’ empty seats at home,City’s goin down with a billion in the bank,Edin Dzeko etc and concentrate on We’re not really here,Best team in the land,Na Na Na Na Na naa naaa,Blue Moon etc.

Quality not quantity is the way forward,we set the standard yesterday,let’s build on it.
The Poznan just before the kick off was awesome. I'd love to see a long range panning shot of it.

I wonder what goes through a person's head sometimes. You sit in your house and have a ticket to an historic cup final that your club is playing in. Hmm what to wear? I know I'll get a shirt printed with 97 not enough on the back and wear that. What a great idea, I'm sure I'll have a wonderful day if I do. I'm amazed his own fans didn't kick fuck out of him and rip it off. There again we're talking about rags so maybe not.
come on,lets be honest,a lot of them would have laughed at it and slapped him on the back.What an horrible **** he is,he deserves what he's got coming.

Was on the barrier of segregation and stewards were asking City fans for flags that had been left on the floor and passing them over to United fans to take home which I thought was particularly odd

Was thinking about starting a thread specifically about the chanting yesterday, but I see it's being dealt with adequately in this one.
When our whole end was in sync, yesterday, the noise was simply stupendous. When Gundo's first went in, my ears rang. That's never, ever happened to me before (was not at 13 May, 2012). And it does occur to me, not for the first time, that there may in fact be something wrong with the acoustics at the Etihad. I'm not saying the support is always great, but I've often noticed that even when we're singing the same song, the South Stand and East Stand are out of sync, and effectively singing over and against each other, and when you get part of the CB stand singing as well, but out of sync with the other two, you literally can't work out what's being sung sometimes. It also definitely doesn't help that we're effectively broken up by the presence of a huge away bloc, going right up to third level.
The other thing that yesterday confirmed for is that, for real mass chanting, sorry, but the songs have to remain fairly simple. The “1-2-3-4” song's great for a hundred or so supporters chanting on the concourse and in the stairwells, say (and there was a lot of that yesterday as we were leaving, and it was terrific, big noise on the stairways), but it's actually quite complicated at times.
I'm hoping for big things with the North Stand expansion. It may well improve things considerably. The noise is there — it's just waiting to be unleashed.
This exactly

Was there as it happened. All calmed down and the rags got on their coach to Coventry about 5 minutes later. Police turned up just afterwards. One rag spoken to as he was trying to kick off with blues but most fans mingling well
yeah i was right next to it all seemed start with the pedo on the wing song, initially just banter. then out of nowhere it just kicked off. after the initial kicking off the utd fan with the beard, who was a right unit, took offence to a city fan. then the hand bags started just as i was leaving.

I made this point in an earlier mail.

Stick to a handful of intense, slowish chants or songs to establish a collective involvement and atmosphere that everyone can contribute to.

Starting with The Poznan, that’s what happened yesterday, and it built from putting down that marker early.

The celebratory songs will naturally follow as the game and noise progresses.

I think that we’re at a point now where we have to have a ‘game plan / game management for our atmosphere and choice of chants.

We now should ‘park’ empty seats at home,City’s goin down with a billion in the bank,Edin Dzeko etc and concentrate on We’re not really here,Best team in the land,Na Na Na Na Na naa naaa,Blue Moon etc.

Quality not quantity is the way forward,we set the standard yesterday,let’s build on it
Yes yes and thrice yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.