Well today put the question of worst fans to bed

Was thinking about starting a thread specifically about the chanting yesterday, but I see it's being dealt with adequately in this one.
When our whole end was in sync, yesterday, the noise was simply stupendous. When Gundo's first went in, my ears rang. That's never, ever happened to me before (was not at 13 May, 2012). And it does occur to me, not for the first time, that there may in fact be something wrong with the acoustics at the Etihad. I'm not saying the support is always great, but I've often noticed that even when we're singing the same song, the South Stand and East Stand are out of sync, and effectively singing over and against each other, and when you get part of the CB stand singing as well, but out of sync with the other two, you literally can't work out what's being sung sometimes. It also definitely doesn't help that we're effectively broken up by the presence of a huge away bloc, going right up to third level.
The other thing that yesterday confirmed is that, for real mass chanting, sorry, but the songs have to remain fairly simple. The “1-2-3-4” song's great for a hundred or so supporters chanting on the concourse and in the stairwells, say (and there was a lot of that yesterday as we were leaving, and it was terrific, big noise on the stairways), but it's actually quite complicated at times.
I'm hoping for big things with the North Stand expansion. It may well improve things considerably. The noise is there — it's just waiting to be unleashed.

Last edited:
Thing is they didnt give us a game, VAR gave them a chance to beat us.
VAR gave them a chance at the swamp with the Rashford interfering with play goal.
VAR didnt send Casamero. Questions need asking but we arent allowed to ask the VAR officials.
VAR gave them a ridiculous penalty.

If the game had been ref'd correctly the rags would have been down to 10 men and not award a penalty.

I am made up we beat them but part of me is still angry at the way these cunts are ref'd.

The last two games against them VAR has helped them both times yet it doesnt get called out. Lindelof hand ball against WHU not given yet Grealish little finger touches the ball penalty. Lindelof move his arm to the fucking ball !!.
We should have scored at least 2 more second half - the Kev miss hit one , and the ball across that I think it was Akanji just missed connecting with , we controlled that second half for 40 minutes.

Was thinking about starting a thread specifically about the chanting yesterday, but I see it's being dealt with adequately in this one.
When our whole end was in sync, yesterday, the noise was simply stupendous. When Gundo's first went in, my ears rang. That's never, ever happened to me before (was not at 13 May, 2012). And it does occur to me, not for the first time, that there may in fact be something wrong with the acoustics at the Etihad. I'm not saying the support is always great, but I've often noticed that even when we're singing the same song, the South Stand and East Stand are out of sync, and effectively singing over and against each other, and when you get part of the CB stand singing as well, but out of sync with the other two, you literally can't work out what's being sung sometimes. It also definitely doesn't help that we're effectively broken up by the presence of a huge away bloc, going right up to third level.
The other thing that yesterday confirmed for is that, for real mass chanting, sorry, but the songs have to remain fairly simple. The “1-2-3-4” song's great for a hundred or so supporters chanting on the concourse and in the stairwells, say (and there was a lot of that yesterday as we were leaving, and it was terrific, big noise on the stairways), but it's actually quite complicated at times.
I'm hoping for big things with the North Stand expansion. It may well improve things considerably. The noise is there — it's just waiting to be unleashed.
Some of us having being banging on about those issues for a long time on here. Wembley acoustics are similar to the Etihad and yesterday was a great example of how simple anthems started at the back are the ones that make the real noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.