Well Well ....interesting read

TFC said:
I thought it was an interesting read, whether Hughes PR spin or not (all too easy to believe it is for some...)

If true (and I honestly cant believe it isnt) about the highly paid professional footballer that has to get his wife to call in sick for him when he just cant be arsed....WTF?
it was as you say an interesting read from many perspectives... tells volumes how things are working in our club... I just wonder what would make a player tell his wife to call in sick... im pretty sure it isnt only the training part... there are underlying aspects for a person to do such a thing... the more control the less freedom and creativity is there... the more control the less trust there is... and if you have too much control people just cant perform since that will drain confidence, trust in ability and restlessness into the bones... i know some people respond very well to this... Ireland seems to be one, Kompany two, Zabaleta makes it three... but what about rest of the team... seems to me many are responding well to this authority controling enviroment well... then what... sell all of them? buy new? there has to be a middle road in here that can be walked upon...

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
Maybe so, maybe not.

But please tell me which part of that article does not sound plausible?

It all seems quite plausible, and I have no qualms at all with the fines or the bollocking behind closed doors.

Worst bit about this report are the alleged targets. Senna too old, we need pace in the centre of the park, Bellamy why? Not good enough for lpool, doesn't convert enough chances and shit attitude. Santa Cruz? One season doesn't make you a good player as we are learning about Elano. If Hughes signs them they will all need replacing because they are average players and we were supposedly signing great players.

The most important part of this story is that the training methods he is trying to instill are used by both Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Like the author said, if its good enough for them its good enough for me.

bondsman said:
Worst bit about this report are the alleged targets. Senna too old, we need pace in the centre of the park, Bellamy why? Not good enough for lpool, doesn't convert enough chances and shit attitude. Santa Cruz? One season doesn't make you a good player as we are learning about Elano. If Hughes signs them they will all need replacing because they are average players and we were supposedly signing great players.
we need players in the here and now who can perform straight away. I wouldn't describe these players as average. They are amonst the top players in their poistions, in their Leagues, and in problem positions at City.

Ideally Senna would be a couple of years younger, and Bellamy misses a lot of chances, but he creates a lot of chances for himself, and his team-mates, and is a real grafter

But I'd be very very happy to sign these type of players, but why would this story be any more accurate than the others? we must be up to a 100 players by now

Any proof Barca use them? There is also a clear difference between Lionel Messi training a certain way and Benjani training a certain way. Fitness training doesnt turn you into a good player it makes you a fit player. If all Hughes is great at is training sessions then make him coach and get a manager - you know someone who can inspire a team to play a ceratin way, not just run for a long time.

MH authorised leak said:
Hughes believes it to be directly linked to helping prevent muscle injuries.

Fcuking hell, imagine how bad our injury crisis would be without MH's training regime :-O

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.