Wembley 99 Play Off final - 25th Anniversary

I was there, seem to remember Millwall fans outside trying to get at us on the way back to the tube, anyone else remember that?

My abiding memory is that old Wembley was a fucking shithole and smelt of piss but it felt like the biggest game in the world.

The singing on Wembley way was mint

I was sat behind of the fella who used do the interviews on the stage outside the club shop, mike something, he was on Nickelodeon UK in the 90s, Mike something?

Living in Maidstone and working in Gillingham I realised the only way of seeing this was to get tickets in the Gills end. I queued up for 4 hours each on 2 separate days to get 8 tickets. A couple were for me and my boy two others for city mates the rest for mates who just wanted a day out including a Sussex F A councillor. Amazingly on the tube met two Gills fans from Manchester who had city tickets, how they had them i just dont know. So two of us swopped and got in with City Fans. The rest as they say is history.
Incidentally Gills got back to a Wembley play off in the following season and took over 50000. Wigan had about 6000 !

Still the greatest day
Agree, quite a few on this forum need to get a grip. We lost to today to a shit rags team having not played well . We won the Premier League last week for the 4th time in a row. Today was very frustrating and annoying, next season we are still in the Champions League Had we lost to Gillingham that day who knows what the fuck would have happened to our club!!!??

Agree, quite a few on this forum need to get a grip. We lost to today to a shit rags team having not played well . We won the Premier League last week for the 4th time in a row. Today was very frustrating and annoying, next season we are still in the Champions League Had we lost to Gillingham that day who knows what the fuck would have happened to our club!!!??
In a nutshell

Where was I? - Wembley
What did you think at 2-0? - OMG I am not sure I can face another season like this one, Lincoln/York/Stockport/Macclesfield et al AGAIN!!
Did you think it was too late at 2-1? - It's not over 'til the Fat Lady sings.
How wild did you celebrate the Dickov equaliser? I just stood there feeling like a man delivered from his worst nightmare.
Did you think we’d win the shoot out? Yes - But Typical City had to put us through the shredder first
This game was my one and only visit to the "Old Wembley" and I remember being shocked at the condition of the place - for the National Stadium it was a dump.
I also remember having to queue all day at Maine Rd for a ticket.
God knows where we would be had we lost, talk about looking into the abyss.
Agree totally with the need for perspective on the Cup Final

I was there, seem to remember Millwall fans outside trying to get at us on the way back to the tube, anyone else remember that?
I seem to remember a Midweek trip to Millwall and being kept in the ground while the home fans kicked off outside. A "charming" old lady telling me later to F***k Off back to Manchester - What a place !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.