Wembley Thread (merged)

Re: 'Blue' and 'Red' Route to Wembley Confirmed

Kippaxman said:
Its all a load of shite, there are no designated routes to Wembley for either sets of fans, there aren't any services allocated for blue or red, the law is, if you are caught in posession of alcohol or have organised the travel or are the driver then you are liable to prosecution. I have talked directly to the Manchester footy police about this and although they told me if you have a beer or 2 behave, dont attract attention to yourself, dispose of tins, bottles sensibly into proper bins then there isnt an issue. They know it goes on every week but its only the cocks who abuse the booze who will get lifted and there entire coach party will be turned around. Officially though they told me its illegal to carry booze. the only stipulation Manchester police has imposed is the pubs to the West of Wembley only let in people with City colours & tickets & the East for the reds, simples.

You are talking out of your arse - I suggest that you put a call into any of the coach companies taking fans to the game and ask them what the police have informed them. They will not want a coach full of City fans pulling into services with 20 Utd coaches there and vice versa, hence the designated routes. But don't take my word for it, speak to the coach firms.

Re: How are ticket sales going?

The club needs to know it can sell as many season tickets as possible, so it needs incentives. There is no use adding 15,000 seats because we have 30,000 extra Citycard holders who may or may not turn up on a wet Monday night when the game is live on telly.

The club needs to sell as many Cup tickets as it can, so again it needs incentives to fill the ground.

It doesn't really care how many part-timers turn up for ten games, whether they come to more Cup games, whether they are crying now because they can't go to Wembley, or what the reasons are for their sporadic attendance. They certainly won't give them precedence over someone who committed hundreds of pounds to the club in advance, and risk losing regular business and guaranteed income.

It does care that it has a large number of ST holders who will renew, a growing waiting list and probable large increases in people registering for Cup Direct next season.

I can understand why someone with thousands of points on a Citycard is disappointed, but, and sorry to be so blunt, you're lower on the club's priority list than 31,500 other supporters.

Re: 'Blue' and 'Red' Route to Wembley Confirmed

In the late 60's and 70's I travelled to every away game by coach with most of the Kippax lads. The last time (and it will be the last time!) I was on one was the freebie trip to Barnsley's ground for the UEFA match.
Pissing in bottles and rolling them down the coach; puking in the centre aisle - the piss heads just ruined the trip.....Never again, it's the car (or plane) ever since

Re: Wembley Sold Out

Crys a little inside i missed out by about an hour :( well will take a few mates to city sq have fun guys stay safe.

Re: So the semi-tickets will sell out in the morning, and..

26,000 we'll get.

around 2,500 for corporates/handouts etc...

that leaves around 24,500 for open sale.

Erm.

Re: Team for wembley?

If Richards isn't fit then Zab should start (any news that he's back? Not seen owt). He'll go defensive, no doubt about it. He may have Barry in there for Milner, but he's not favoured him since Christmas.

..................Hart................
Zab....Kompany..Lescott...Kol
.......De Jong.....Milner..........
..Johnson.....Yaya.......Silva...
...............Tevez.................

Re: Team for wembley?

Pretty much what Millwallawayveteran1988 said.

Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Lescott - Kolarov

Milner - Yaya - de Jong - Barry

Silva

Tevez

Re: WEMBLEY SOLD OUT

Bluemoon115 said:
warpig said:
I went down sat and some steward clown insisted I join the mile long wembley queue
for my Blackburn tickets, this despite the last window
at the box office being allocated for 'normal' awayers.

Said clown got his equally stupid looking supervisor over who said the same before someone from the club intervened. Straight to the front of the queue then. The club need to get these idiots sorted.
Same. Went doen at about 1, and they let us through, then stopped us, then argued amongst themselves, then argued with us, then allowed us to get our Blackburn tickets.

Farkin useless.

the daft thing is that I went down at about 11am so the stewards already knew what thé arrangement was, direct from the club. Although I absolve the ticket office of any blame , the shambolic bunch of clowns they employ front of house need sorting out. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.