Wembley Thread (merged)

Re: 'Blue' and 'Red' Route to Wembley Confirmed

Ted,
Really not much difference,the M40 veers off to the west so will be slightly longer, the M1 has some roadworks which slow you down to about 50 mph but tend to keep flowing except in peak traffic. I have been the M1 route twice this week and was clear both ways on both times. I would most probably pick the M1 route as it is the most direct, end of M1, hang a right onto the North Circular and Wembley is 10 mins away. Also it is the blue route so will be friendlier.
I will be doing the same on Sat morning to pick my replacement ticket up.

Re: Which london pub are we turning blue then?

Just had a quick look on line.
Groups of pubs that are likely to be Blue.

Obviously The Green Man that stands alone.

Thirst Eddies and The Bear on High Road are close to each other.

Mannions, The Speak Easy and The Greyhound on Harrow Road are almost next to each other.

Others such as The Torch, The Parish, The Black Horse and Bootsy Brogans which are not too far from those above might be Blue pubs?!!!

colinkelly12 said:
Ted,
Really not much difference,the M40 veers off to the west so will be slightly longer, the M1 has some roadworks which slow you down to about 50 mph but tend to keep flowing except in peak traffic. I have been the M1 route twice this week and was clear both ways on both times. I would most probably pick the M1 route as it is the most direct, end of M1, hang a right onto the North Circular and Wembley is 10 mins away. Also it is the blue route so will be friendlier.
I will be doing the same on Sat morning to pick my replacement ticket up.

Colin,

Thanks for that pal; I'll probably see you in the queue when I'm waiting for mine:-)

For THOSE GOING IN CARS, travel M6, M42, M40 and onto the A40. It's the quickest route as you can use the M6 Toll. I drive it 7 or 8 times a year and it takes me 3 and half hours with a couple of stops to get to Reigate (junction 9 M25), and that's with kids on board so I don't put my foot down too much.
Never really hit any traffic so thats for me again, leaving at 7.30 ish for The Green Man...............!

Re: WEMBLEY SOLD OUT

warpig said:
frothy said:
got my blackburn tickets at 11 oclock this morning only 2 of us there still have to use the outside ticket office

I went down sat and some steward clown insisted I join the mile long wembley queue
for my Blackburn tickets, this despite the last window
at the box office being allocated for 'normal' awayers.

Said clown got his equally stupid looking supervisor over who said the same before someone from the club intervened. Straight to the front of the queue then. The club need to get these idiots sorted.
Same. Went doen at about 1, and they let us through, then stopped us, then argued amongst themselves, then argued with us, then allowed us to get our Blackburn tickets.

Farkin useless.

Re: Banner For Wembley

vlad06 said:
Steriot said:
Carlos Tevez: From rags to riches

This is the best one. It has more than one meaning in the sense that we're reminding them he came to us and it reminds them of their debt and our financial certainty. And I like the double meaning of the word 'rags'.

Brilliant.

Love it.......................

Travelling down on a coach from Leeds so travel isn't an issue. Proper buzzing for this now! City don't let us down!

Its all a load of shite, there are no designated routes to Wembley for either sets of fans, there aren't any services allocated for blue or red, the law is, if you are caught in posession of alcohol or have organised the travel or are the driver then you are liable to prosecution. I have talked directly to the Manchester footy police about this and although they told me if you have a beer or 2 behave, dont attract attention to yourself, dispose of tins, bottles sensibly into proper bins then there isnt an issue. They know it goes on every week but its only the cocks who abuse the booze who will get lifted and there entire coach party will be turned around. Officially though they told me its illegal to carry booze. the only stipulation Manchester police has imposed is the pubs to the West of Wembley only let in people with City colours & tickets & the East for the reds, simples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.