Wenger anyone?

whicko

Could Wenger Be Tempted By Opportunity at Man City?

A reader has asked about the future of Arsene Wenger and enquired about possible interest in the Arsenal manager from Spain; yet there is an opportunity in the Premiership that is more relevant at the moment...

ClockendBob writes: "Guillem, what do you think will happen at Arsenal if we fail to qualify for the Champions Legaue? There are all sorts of rumours that Wenger feels he has taken the club as far as he can with the resources he has. I`m worried that a club with greater financial clout will try and prise him away and tempt him with an opportunity to win the Champions League – the one trophy that has eluded him so far. Do you think Real Madrid will make a move for him?"

Those are good questions; but let`s get the big news out of the way first…

I have been told that Manchester City are trying to convince Arsene Wenger to take over at Eastlands next season.

The current Arsenal manager could essentially ask for whatever he wants and Man City`s owners will try to give it to him. He would be allowed to change the infrastructure of the team and how the club is structured; he could choose his own signings at will: every demand would be met.

Arsene Wenger has not given an answer yet, but Manchester City are hopeful that something might happen. Ever since last October, a source close to Manchester City has insisted that: “something big is going to happen - and it won`t be a player arriving, it will be on the bench”. A number of intermediaries have been operating – and some claiming to operate – on behalf of Manchester City, and some of those have recently contacted Rafa Benitez; so City are definitely lining up their options.

My own personal opinion is that Mark Hughes is doing a good job identifying the problems and he knows the kind of players needed to progress; his side are advancing in Europe and he is stabilizing the club on the domestic front following what must have been a very testing period. Why not give him a chance for a bit longer?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guillembalague.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.guillembalague.com</a>

I don't thin kwe'd be suited tbh. If he wanted to replicate Arsenal and build us over years, with the money we have, that's maybe not what our owners want.

But if he wanted to bring his sexy football and buy class talent that not many people have heard of, then he'd be amazing

He's mad! He's mad! He's madder than Mad Jack MacMad, the winner of last year's Mr Madman competition.

Seem to recall that this possibility was floated a while back. No idea what, if any, truth there is in the story or indeed any of the others be they about Jose, Rafa or Jurgen but ADUG sounding out various top managers around Europe is the smart move if they want to move for one of them in the summer - which they will in my opinion.

He's always sticking his oar in about us and I dunno if he'd fancy it, but if he did, then fuck yea I'd go for Wenger. As long as he doesn't turn the team too soft like he's done with Arsenal. Who knows what Wenger could achieve with vast amounts of cash?

As for him wanting to slowly build a team and ADUG wanting quick success - that's bollocks. They'd have sacked HUghes by now if they weren't patient, Wenger would fit perfectly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.