Wenger: "I wouldn't swap places with Manchester City,"

Wenger has brought so much to the game in England it's a shame he's disappeared up his own arsehole about City. There's a lot of talk of PSG's owners eyeing up Wenger for next summer. Wenger for his part is very close to certain people at PSG and always has been. He's going to look the ultimate hypocrite if he pitches up at the Parc de Princes with all their spending power.

BillyShears said:
Wenger has brought so much to the game in England it's a shame he's disappeared up his own arsehole about City. There's a lot of talk of PSG's owners eyeing up Wenger for next summer. Wenger for his part is very close to certain people at PSG and always has been. He's going to look the ultimate hypocrite if he pitches up at the Parc de Princes with all their spending power.
Arsenal arent exactly broke either. Wenger just keeps it tight (more than most). Maybe this is down to his own frugality (I think he's an economist of sorts) or, as I alluded to in my previous post, he's kow towing to the board at the expense of real success. Maybe those are the attributes PSG are looking for, who knows?

BillyShears said:

Bullseye!

Re: Wenger:

Prestwich_Blue said:
Of course he wouldn't swap places. His owners might expect him to win something if he did

In a nutshell. He's under no pressure at Arsenal, as long as he keeps delivering champs league, the Arsenal board will be happy if he never wins another trophy.
You can't deny he's done well to keep them top 4 though, everyone thought they would be the team to make way for us but it turned out to be Liverpool.
However I'd love it if they were the next team to do a Liverpool. The sense of entitlement that Arsenal and it's fans have is nauseating.

Re: Wenger:

stony said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Of course he wouldn't swap places. His owners might expect him to win something if he did

In a nutshell. He's under no pressure at Arsenal, as long as he keeps delivering champs league, the Arsenal board will be happy if he never wins another trophy.
You can't deny he's done well to keep them top 4 though, everyone thought they would be the team to make way for us but it turned out to be Liverpool.
However I'd love it if they were the next team to do a Liverpool. The sense of entitlement that Arsenal and it's fans have is nauseating.

Arsenal could be doing better though. If Ferguson is the argument for stability, Wenger is consistently proving himself to be the argument against it. Sentimentality is his biggest problem. When they moved to the Emirates and had more money to spend, they just gave current shit players bigger wages, when they should have shipped them out and got better. Keeping around players like Walcott, even entertaining the thought of offering him a new deal, is just inexcusable.

Lets be honest, before we came along keeping Arsenal in the top 4 was hardly going to be like climbing Everest in a wheelchair. United and Chelsea top 2, 2 more places for everyone else, of which Arsenal had the best squad and the most money (except Rafas Liverpool - still one place left anyway). There's been an obscene amount of spin and focus on strong finances to try and convince the world he's doing a super human job. A club like Arsenal not winning a single trophy in 7 and a half years would have seen any other manager out of a job twice.

Wenger is just an overpaid shopkeeper showing off his wares every weekend, and midweek too!

I can't believe how Arsenal has gone from a leading club in football to a club that cashes in on their players and in turn buys crappy ones.

No and i bet Mancini wouldnt want to be in Arsenal position mid table and no realist ambition of winning anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.