Wenger

I cant argue or disagree with anything posted so far on this thread.

The point I would like to make is that he showed enourmous dignity and class in his post match interview with Sky last night.

The problem at Arsenal can be compared to a man who has a Rolls Royce limo. After a few years he sells that but, like all cars, he doesn't get what he paid for it. As the price of the new model is higher and he won't borrow any money, he buys a lower spec Rolls. Then he sells that but won't go into debt so can only afford a new Jag XJ with the proceeds. Now he's down to an Audi A6, which is still reasonably desirable but a long way off his Rolls limo. Eventually it'll be an A4, then a highish-spec Mondeo, etc, etc.

Ray78 said:
There are no excuses with tonights result as they had a near enough full strength team. I have a feeling he will retire at the end of the season regardless of whether they either win something or they will qualify for next season's Champions League.

The Arse will be civilised about this. No bloodletting. And then Arsene will be hailed as a Messiah, Saviour, NextLevel, European Wonder Manager etc, etc, ad nauseam. Statue at The Emirates?

Prestwich_Blue said:
The problem at Arsenal can be compared to a man who has a Rolls Royce limo. After a few years he sells that but, like all cars, he doesn't get what he paid for it. As the price of the new model is higher and he won't borrow any money, he buys a lower spec Rolls. Then he sells that but won't go into debt so can only afford a new Jag XJ with the proceeds. Now he's down to an Audi A6, which is still reasonably desirable but a long way off his Rolls limo. Eventually it'll be an A4, then a highish-spec Mondeo, etc, etc.
That reads like a verbatim chronology of my car history over the last ten years :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.