We're all in this together......

BrianW said:
He probably employs someone (or rather the taxpayer does) to tweet on his behalf so that fcukwits think he's 'cool' and 'one of us'.

I don't think anyone think he is cool or "one of us", unless we went to Eton and are millionaires.

The fuck wits however, are those foaming at the mouth over a nothing story.

SWP's back said:
BrianW said:
He probably employs someone (or rather the taxpayer does) to tweet on his behalf so that fcukwits think he's 'cool' and 'one of us'.

I don't think anyone think he is cool or "one of us", unless we went to Eton and are millionaires.

The thing is, I'm not adverse to people having posh meals from time to time (although I bet he has this standard of food daily), of course, occasionally I enjoy an expensive meal at family occasions. But what I don't do, is go and rub it in with people who are less well off. That picture will be seen by millions of people less fortunate. Why the fuck should they have that menu shoved in their faces?

Goo said:
SWP's back said:
BrianW said:

The thing is, I'm not adverse to people having posh meals from time to time (although I bet he has this standard of food daily), of course, occasionally I enjoy an expensive meal at family occasions. But what I don't do, is go and rub it in with people who are less well off. That picture will be seen by millions of people less fortunate. Why the fuck should they have that menu shoved in their faces?

Yep.......particularly as this week (for the first time) we have had people collecting outside our local supermarket for the town food bank.

..... I could never have imagined that a town foodbank would ever be seen in my lifetime.

mancitymick said:
So he has had a Prawn Cocktail, Beef Dinner followed by Crumble. How dare he
I can't believe people are getting worked up about this.

It reads like a menu from a 1970's Berni Inn to me. Fuck me, he's hosting seven of the most powerful people in the world and he's being rounded on because he's tweeted the 'early bird set meal' that he's made them all endure.

I bet the biscuits with the cheese weren't even fucking 'Jacob's'.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
mancitymick said:
So he has had a Prawn Cocktail, Beef Dinner followed by Crumble. How dare he
I can't believe people are getting worked up about this.

It reads like a menu from a 1970's Berni Inn to me. Fuck me, he's hosting seven of the most powerful people in the world and he's being rounded on because he's tweeted the 'early bird set meal' that he's made them all endure.

I bet the biscuits with the cheese weren't even fucking 'Jacob's'.

Lol I was actually thinking Berni Inn when i was typing it

Goo said:
SWP's back said:
BrianW said:

Shoved in their faces by who exactly? It's twitter. Not an official press release. Not a billboard ad campaign. There has been no ''shoving'' of any sorts.
I wouldn't have known about it had, Irate of Manchester, not posted it on here. I am far from well off. I took no offence to the fact that he was at a conference and the hotel catered accordingly.
It's the inverted snob culture I can't stand.
although I bet he has this standard of food daily
Really? So because he is an old Etonian, that means he never eats less than a 4 course meal.
Why could he not regularly have a chippy tea or beans on toast? Washed down with a glass of water.
No doubt if he had tweeted about just polishing off a takeaway curry, Irate of Manchester, would be up in arms over his attempt to appear normal.
The cheek of it. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
All so very much to take in by those who apparently care about the ''real issues'' Right on Comrade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.