were not all mancs

In my view, and I might be totally wrong of course..Manc is not so much a description of where you live or was raised anymore.
I´ve met dozens of typical "New Yorkers" at work, they are looked upon as typical "New Yorkers" even describe themselves as typical "New Yorkers" indicating their work, lifestyle etc.

Less than half are from New York actually.

So Manc might become more of a creed I suspect. I got rather funny case in my Uncle. He´s a typical Manc..but you know what, the place where he used to live, the schools he attented, the office where he worked, his accent, Maine Road itself..They are all gone. Everytime he´s in Manchester he complains about "his" Manchester being totally erased. He call himself a Manc still but might as well have lived in London his whole life.

S04 said:
So Manc might become more of a creed I suspect. I got rather funny case in my Uncle. He´s a typical Manc..but you know what, the place where he used to live, the schools he attented, the office where he worked, his accent, Maine Road itself..They are all gone. Everytime he´s in Manchester he complains about "his" Manchester being totally erased. He call himself a Manc still but might as well have lived in London his whole life.

I can identify with that. Too many Nights in Town are geared towards Students or Young Professionals who've moved from elsewhere to work here. Scrotes and Scalls can't get a Pint anywhere nice.

In all seriousness, I can't think of too many non-Manc / North West accents coming out of the mouths of the people around me in the Ground. We're almost all Seasoncard Holders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.