were not all mancs

I cannot understand why anyone from a town that has it's own football team would choose to support a team from another town or city. How can you possibly have any affinity with a team and supporters from a completely different area? If you're 'born and bred' in Blackpool, Stoke, Plymouth, etc, then support THAT team!

SpiritofBurnden said:
I cannot understand why anyone from a town that has it's own football team would choose to support a team from another town or city. How can you possibly have any affinity with a team and supporters from a completely different area? If you're 'born and bred' in Blackpool, Stoke, Plymouth, etc, then support THAT team!

Let's imagine you move from Manchester to Torquay for the job of a lifetime and you have Kids that are born in Torquay. Who are they going to support?

Non-Manc Blues aren't alone, Pal. A few years ago I met Southampton Fans from Leicester, a Villa Fan from Bournemouth who went EVERYWHERE to watch his Club (sometimes on his tod) and a West Ham Fan from Bristol. Gone are the days of Football Fans being exclusively local. The World's a far smaller place now

Do you want Players that are solely from Manchester?

SpiritofBurnden said:

Its really quite simple, I was 'born and bred' in Blackpool, but for my first ever match I was taken to Maine Road by my grandad. Followed by plenty more! My dad was 'born and bred' in Manchester, cousins, aunts, uncles all blues. After experiencing the Kippax in full song at 5 years of age, how was 6000 total in a decrepit Bloomfield Road ever going to measure up? The passion of the blues, even in the third tier, has always been immense! My lad has been taken to the City of Manchester Stadium since he was 5, is also now a blue in my footsteps, he also has a season ticket with me! I fail to see the problem to be quite honest.....

Bert Trautmanns Neck Brace said:
After experiencing the Kippax in full song at 5 years of age, how was 6000 total in a decrepit Bloomfield Road ever going to measure up?

I've seen the odd game from the Stretford End, the Kippax and the Kop, in front of crowds of that were ten times those which we were getting in the Third and Fourth Divisions, it didn't make me want to follow any of those teams. Perhaps there would have been more than 6,000 at Bloomfield Road if people from Blackpool actually went to their games!

SpiritofBurnden said:
After experiencing the Kippax in full song at 5 years of age, how was 6000 total in a decrepit Bloomfield Road ever going to measure up?

I've seen the odd game from the Stretford End, the Kippax and the Kop, in front of crowds of that were ten times those which we were getting in the Third and Fourth Divisions, it didn't make me want to follow any of those teams. Perhaps there would have been more than 6,000 at Bloomfield Road if people from Blackpool actually went to their games!

As the old Spion Kop was condemned and the rest of the ground was falling apart, it was not the nicest place to be. My office now is inside the stadium at Bloomfield Road, and it still doesn't inspire me to be a 'plastic' fan, with the other 7000 new season ticket holders that have fallen from the woodwork since the promotion.
I have also seen matches at Anfield, Goodison, Elland Road, and with my other grandad at the late lamented Seamer Road watching the (now liquidated) Scarborough FC, but I have always been a blue inside.
I'm sorry that the fact that I don't have a Manchester postcode but myself and my son are both blue to the bone and both season ticket holder's offends you, I didn't realise that the club is exclusively for Manchester residents.......

SpiritofBurnden said:

If you dont want anybody outside Manchester to be associated with City, you should start a petition to demand the club gave back all the money the sheik has invested in the club.

I dont think the sheik is a mancunian.

As the old Spion Kop was condemned and the rest of the ground was falling apart, it was not the nicest place to be.

I went to the old Bloomfield Road when Bolton played there. Trust me, Burnden Park was just as run down. I don't understand why you 'fail to see the problem' of supporting a bigger and better team whilst talking about Bloomfield Road 'falling apart'. Hasn't it occurred to you that perhaps the two are linked? It's because people choose to turn their backs on their home town team that some of those clubs are struggling to survive.

SpiritofBurnden said:
As the old Spion Kop was condemned and the rest of the ground was falling apart, it was not the nicest place to be.

I went to the old Bloomfield Road when Bolton played there. Trust me, Burnden Park was just as run down. I don't understand why you 'fail to see the problem' of supporting a bigger and better team whilst talking about Bloomfield Road 'falling apart'. Hasn't it occurred to you that perhaps the two are linked? It's because people choose to turn their backs on their home town team that some of those clubs are struggling to survive.

As I said previously, I was only 5 years of age when I fell in love with city, so I did not debate the moral rights and wrongs of that. Blackpool went to the edge of extinction through poor management and many years of very poor football at the lowest league level, but I can hardly be classed as a glory hunter as Citys last trophy was 8 months before I was born.....My first game under my own steam was Man City V Blackpool at Maine Road, so I was certainly supporting a bigger club, but better???? Marginally at best at that time I'm afraid! Ultimately, I am not going to debate the issue any further, I am a blue and always have been, I've been there through the bad times and am determined to enjoy the good. CTID

BlueSinclair said:
Norway blue! I know I'm not nearly as good and important fan as you from England, but my team has always been Manchester City. And I enjoy being part of this forum and community, although it can get a bit ugly sometimes. When I grew up everyone here was supporting the rags which I hated with a passion, everything about that team and supports disgusted me. There where also a small number of liverpool and arsenal fans.

City is the light, the rags are cheating evil thugs, thats the way I've always seen it. And its the goddamn truth.

Lovely Plumage, the Norwegian Blue...
Had to scroll through the thread to make sure it hadn't been posted already
:)

But seriously, I do get a tad p*ss*d off at times seeing threads that indicate I shouldn't be Blue cos I wasn't born within the city, I was born in Urmston, dragged up in Salford, and last time I checked both areas had Manchester postcodes.

Have lived in Liverpool for 9 years now so despite being born and brought up in Whitefield I have the strange experience of treating the dipper games as more important than the derby (nearly)!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.