we're not really here

gariah

excuse my thickness but i am welsh so its ok....

can someone verify the below statement about the song is true?

We're not really here

We're not really here, we're not really here
Like the friends of the Invisible Man
We're not really here
(Inspired by City fans on tour in Ireland who trashed the bar of the Metropole Hotel in Cork, then sung this to the police officers sent to deal with the situation in the belief there was no proof as to which ones were responsible)

i've been wondering for ages lol

anyone?

40 odd views and no replies?? not even abusing me for being welsh??

am i not really here? haha

,,that would appear to be the accepted version, some on here were there if you follow my meaning

won't slag the welsh cos I'm not into self-abuse..
...plenty on here who will and are though, step up Tom etc, you know who you are boyo's

There is also a story that says it was originated at luton away in the 80's when away fans were banned.

I always thought it was made up when tabloid papers claimed City had poor attendance during their games yet there were more people coming to watch City than there was people going to see United play at the time.

So as a laugh City fans made up that song?

Might be wrong though of course.

gariah said:
excuse my thickness but i am welsh so its ok....

can someone verify the below statement about the song is true?

We're not really here

We're not really here, we're not really here
Like the friends of the Invisible Man
We're not really here
(Inspired by City fans on tour in Ireland who trashed the bar of the Metropole Hotel in Cork, then sung this to the police officers sent to deal with the situation in the belief there was no proof as to which ones were responsible)

i've been wondering for ages lol

I thought it was just like the fans of the invisible man!

It actually originated from the Millwall away game during the darker days (about 6 years ago?) when no away fans were allowed in the stadium. Not surprisingly a few hundred managed to make it into the Millwall stand and started this song, which was absolutely hilarious - it has gone on from there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.