we're not really here

blueallover1 said:
It actually originated from the Millwall away game during the darker days (about 6 years ago?) when no away fans were allowed in the stadium. Not surprisingly a few hundred managed to make it into the Millwall stand and started this song, which was absolutely hilarious - it has gone on from there.

No it didn't.

And that's one of the worst explanations ever! Do you really think a couple of hundred City fans, sat in the Millwall ends, would start up a song?

You've not been going long, have you lad?

It refers to the Irish trip, and the Prestwich and Whitefield Branch started it off. It's the end to a longer "drinking" song of theirs.

Acutally been going as you would put it for the past 25 years. I could be wrong, but this was the first time I heard this song, and yes it was at Millwall and the home fans also thought it was funny.

blueallover1 said:
Acutally been going as you would put it for the past 25 years. I could be wrong, but this was the first time I heard this song, and yes it was at Millwall and the home fans also thought it was funny.

You, and a couple of hundred more City fans, were sat amongst Millwall fans, singing songs... and they thought you were amusing?

That's not how I remember it mate!!!

It all started on an away trip when a coach load of Blues were lost. They passed through a small place unknown to them and came across a
a street map on which was an arrow pointing to their exact position. Next to the arrow it read "you are here".
Some of the Lads really took a shine to this clever little map so decided to take it with them, post and all.
Then after stocking up on lots more beer proceeded to have hours of fun by waving it out of the window in every Town or Village they passed through singing the now immortal words "we're not really here"

:)

To be honest i wasnt sat with them but heard them and yes, the fans around me did find it funny. I have been a member on here for more than 4 years and regularly read posts. The reason I dont bother posting much is because of people like you, who dismiss what Im saying , and then I have to contra and it all becomes tit for tat which to be honest I wont do.

I left an opinion on where I believed the song to originate from, in 25 years of going to games the Millwall away game was the first time I had heard it, and thats it. If others had heard it before then great, let people read about it.

As I dont post on here much, but read regularly lets hope all bluemooners have a "Blue Xmas" and a fantastic new year.
Oldham Blue will also be missed, I enjoyed reading his comments; thoughts are with your family.

If you drink you will die
If you don't drink you will die
It is better to be drunk than be sober when you die
Just like the fan of the invisible man, we're not really.......

I first heard it at a Prestwich and Whitefield do.

How does a Welshman find a sheep in long grass?

Irresistible.

:)

How's that for you!!

blueallover1 said:
It actually originated from the Millwall away game during the darker days (about 6 years ago?) when no away fans were allowed in the stadium. Not surprisingly a few hundred managed to make it into the Millwall stand and started this song, which was absolutely hilarious - it has gone on from there.

It was definitely sung before that, as we used to sing it in the old div 2

I thought that it was from, when we were in div 2, all us city fans couldnt believe we were playing in the same league as the likes of lincoln and york ect.... and I think thats were the song came from 'Were not relly here'

SWPISHOME said:
I thought that it was from, when we were in div 2, all us city fans couldnt believe we were playing in the same league as the likes of lincoln and york ect.... and I think thats were the song came from 'Were not relly here'

That's the version that i've always believed to be true ..... and to be honest it's the one that makes the most sense!

It certainly didn't come in that Millwall away game ...... i watched that game on the big screen at Maine Road , and i didn't hear City fans sing all night , not one song ........ most probably because there were only a very few of us there!

There was complete silence when we scored all three goals that night which should tell you everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.