We're ruining football again....

I know, following Premier League rules about loaning players is ruining football.

When United purchased Andy Cole from title rivals Newcastle for a British record £7m a few days before Newcastle were to play United, and agreed that he wouldn't play against Newcastle in the next match, which was seen as a title decider, that was totally fine though.

Ticket For Schalke said:
noely said:
Your not allowed to play against your parent club its a fecking rule

talksport = fucking cretins

Jake Robinson played for Torquay against Shrewsbury in play offs, and set up both goals.

all premier league loans have to include a fee and cause of this they decided that you couldnt play against youre club

this was brought into effect after lomano lua lua socred for pompey against newcastle

Damocles said:
I know, following Premier League rules about loaning players is ruining football.

When United purchased Andy Cole from title rivals Newcastle for a British record £7m a few days before Newcastle were to play United, and agreed that he wouldn't play against Newcastle in the next match, which was seen as a title decider, that was totally fine though.

Thereby blowing your rivals out of the water.
Yes exactly what the rags did but it was ok in then, no mass hysteria from the rag suckin media.
I really felt for Keegan, nothing he could really do.

bluevengence said:
Wenger found some support in the corridors of power. Without mentioning clubs like City by name, UEFA president Michel Platini warned that European football was going “pear-shaped” because of overspending.

Platini reiterated the importance of UEFA’s financial fair play rules, designed to curb reckless spending.

“We will not be forced to take a step back on this,” he said.

“I can see lots of red lights flashing and I am afraid for the future of football, which is going pear-shaped in some areas.

“Perhaps I am being alarmist, but we have to face up to match-fixing, corruption, illegal betting, violence on the pitch, racism and hooliganism.”
So he recognises problems inherent in the game, yet choses to focus on stopping us spending money to enable us to compete for trophies?

Bravo Platini, bravo.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
malg said:
by manipulating the league! Yep, because Adebayor isn't in the Spurs squad to face us on Sunday, Talkshite are now saying we're manipulating the league. Quinny is actually sticking up for us, but the other bloke is playing 'bad cop' and slating us. He said the FA need to do something about it. Yep, that's right, we're the only club ever to loan a player out to a rival and then tell them that the player can't play against us!!!! Oh aye, that's never happened before has it.

Waiting for the numpties to start phoning in.

This good cop/bad cop routine, is this a new tactic by Talksport?

New?

This is what they always do. It creates discussion/conflict/calls/threads on football forums/money... Quite simple really.

True. Just a shame they do not know the League's rules ahead of trying to create the debate.

1.618034 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
malg said:
by manipulating the league! Yep, because Adebayor isn't in the Spurs squad to face us on Sunday, Talkshite are now saying we're manipulating the league. Quinny is actually sticking up for us, but the other bloke is playing 'bad cop' and slating us. He said the FA need to do something about it. Yep, that's right, we're the only club ever to loan a player out to a rival and then tell them that the player can't play against us!!!! Oh aye, that's never happened before has it.

Waiting for the numpties to start phoning in.

This good cop/bad cop routine, is this a new tactic by Talksport?

New?

This is what they always do. It creates discussion/conflict/calls/threads on football forums/money... Quite simple really.

I think he was being sarcastic mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.