Were you at Ewood in 2000?

We were on the front row of the upper tier. Can see us standing on the front wall above the scoreboard on that MASSIVE panoramic picture that was in that football photo gallery in Ambleside (is it now in the National Football Museum??).

I was in the Jack Walker upper tier. At the final whistle I managed to evade the efforts of stewards etc to get down to the bottom tier and finally onto the pitch. Stood there really smug and happy with myself only to see the players walk out of the stand and celebrate with the fans, in the upper tier, right next to where I was sat. Pre Stoke and QPR this was my best day as a City fan even eclipsing Gillingham the year before.

Baron Blueski said:
citykev28 said:
A rag mate has sent me this. I've never seen it before. I'm the one near the front in the red England top. Can any of you spot yourselves?

[bigimg]http://i43.tinypic.com/2metxcw.jpg[/bigimg]

I was there in the Blackburn end, a mate had connections at Rovers and got me a couple tickets. I don't see myself but the bloke next to you with the mop of red/blonde hair is called 'Ash' and lived around the corner from me in Ashton in the 80's & 90's. He never missed a City game for donkey's years home or away, it would not surprise me if he still hasn't missed one. Great memories

Yeah, good lookin lad that Ash, even more so now the hair has been snipped!!

Who are you????

Baron Blueski said:
citykev28 said:
A rag mate has sent me this. I've never seen it before. I'm the one near the front in the red England top. Can any of you spot yourselves?

I was there in the Blackburn end, a mate had connections at Rovers and got me a couple tickets. I don't see myself but the bloke next to you with the mop of red/blonde hair is called 'Ash' and lived around the corner from me in Ashton in the 80's & 90's. He never missed a City game for donkey's years home or away, it would not surprise me if he still hasn't missed one. Great memories

Who are you????<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 pm --<br /><br />
Baron Blueski said:
citykev28 said:

Who are you????

Danny Hoekman said:
We were on the front row of the upper tier. Can see us standing on the front wall above the scoreboard on that MASSIVE panoramic picture that was in that football photo gallery in Ambleside (is it now in the National Football Museum??).

That picture was in the match programme v Palace. (presume it is the one with guy holding up his crutches at the front).

I was at the match in the stand to the right of the City fans. Loads in there including my wife who was 8 months pregnant. When the final whistle went we all vaulted the wall and ran onto the pitch. Got to near the centre circle and suddenly remembered the Mrs . Went back and a steward was opening a gate to let her on pitch. She soon forgave me!! Perhaps as well as she was designated driver too.
The 'unborn one' is now a season card holder too and returned to Ewood the other year for the 4-0 win. Happy days.

Goes down as my favourite ever City game. I was 11 at the time. I was a bit too young to understand about relegation in 1996 and I got my first season ticket the year after. So my first 4 years of really supporting City we were outside the prem and were dismal at times.

So for us to go up and for me realising I was going to watch my team playing the best in the country was absolutely incredible.

Shame we were so crap the year after!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.