Were you at Ewood in 2000?

citykev28 said:
A rag mate has sent me this. I've never seen it before. I'm the one near the front in the red England top. Can any of you spot yourselves?

[bigimg]http://i43.tinypic.com/2metxcw.jpg[/bigimg]

I was there in the Blackburn end, a mate had connections at Rovers and got me a couple tickets. I don't see myself but the bloke next to you with the mop of red/blonde hair is called 'Ash' and lived around the corner from me in Ashton in the 80's & 90's. He never missed a City game for donkey's years home or away, it would not surprise me if he still hasn't missed one. Great memories

Got an adult and kids ticket in Blackburn family stand end. Me and my mate went, both in our 40's ! We went to the turnstile and I went first and my mate who only looked 39 went in on the junior ticket. The bloke looked at him , then looked at me and said " bloody hell mate, what age did you ave him then? he let us through though and we pissed ourselves laughing . We thought we were the only City fans in that top tier until we scored and found that about a quarter of the stand were blues. It was a fantastic day and I remember after the first half thinking how lucky we were not to be about 4-0 down. When we drove home after going onto the pitch We remember thinking that life couldn't get any better than that. How wrong we were.

Was an amazing day, I was in the upper tier and was melting, it was roasting that day.

Me and a mate 5 mins before time ran down and tried to get round to the stand to the right so we could get on the pitch, my mate got through then the steward shut the door, I took a flying kick at it and it burst open flattening the steward, I went out and with my mate ran round to the other stand.

Loads of other Blues were getting in there and I was a few paces behind my mate when the same thing happened, the steward shut the door, luckily it opened inwards so I did the same again, ran at it, and jumped into it kicking it open, the steward just looked and backed away...

Eventually met my mate near the front, there were thousands of Blues in there already just waiting for the final whistle, when it went, as you can see from the video, City fans ran on the pitch from all four sides of the ground, absolutely fantastic day.

This one was on of my best days following City.

I couldn't get a ticket for this one and had to watch it in the Fernhurst. It was mayhem, Once the equaliser went it one of the TV's got smashed the radiators had come off the wall and flooded the place and the place just went mental. I managed to sneak in at the end and get on the pitch. I remember it was a glorious day and we all went back to Albert Square for a party

yeah darwin end behind the goal bottom tier, ran on the pitch with my dad as well :-)

happy days.

The 'after party' at The Shambles in town was one of the best ever. All the oldie songs sung, We'll drink a drink a drink in particular. The outside square was the happiest and loudest I've ever seen it. Anyone else remember the evening?

Yep, Jack Walker upper, had a few initial reservations after being in Sentinel stand at Stoke relegation match, but full of blues. Great day.

I was in Abu Dhabi that day working on a contract and listening to it on the BBC.

It was an omen I tells ya. Who knew that 9 years later the ruling family would own us...?

I still say it was because of my drunken rendering (shouting) of Blue Moon in the Abu Dhabi Sheraton bar that night while celebrating promotion. It was so loud that maybe Sheikh Mansour heard it and was impressed with such unbridled passion.

Probably not however...;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.