Were you there at these big games in the last 15 years?

Blue Mist said:
MCFC_WOOLY said:
All everyone seems to talk about is York away, i went to every game home and away aged 7 in the 98/99 season and have to say, going straight from school on a tuesday night to watch us get beat 2-1 by Lincoln was a far worse experience for me!!! :/

I sympathise with you, my lads were at little older but I dragged them home and away in those dark days as well. Nowadays social services would have you for cruelty !!

Dont pitty me mate... I loved it for the most parts!!! Loving it even more so now, if we win everything for the next 40 years i might consider it as, 'taking the rough with the smooth'!!! haha

MCFC_WOOLY said:
Blue Mist said:
MCFC_WOOLY said:
All everyone seems to talk about is York away, i went to every game home and away aged 7 in the 98/99 season and have to say, going straight from school on a tuesday night to watch us get beat 2-1 by Lincoln was a far worse experience for me!!! :/

I sympathise with you, my lads were at little older but I dragged them home and away in those dark days as well. Nowadays social services would have you for cruelty !!

Dont pitty me mate... I loved it for the most parts!!! Loving it even more so now, if we win everything for the next 40 years i might consider it as, 'taking the rough with the smooth'!!! haha

But how did you get through it ? at least my lads were old enough to have a sly half lager in the pub and a game of pool both of which made them want to go to every match. In fact by the time Blackburn away came round they were full blown drunks celebrating with me. They were shite years but a great way to bond with my lads.

Blue Mist said:
MCFC_WOOLY said:
Blue Mist said:

But how did you get through it ? at least my lads were old enough to have a sly half lager in the pub and a game of pool both of which made them want to go to every match. In fact by the time Blackburn away came round they were full blown drunks celebrating with me. They were shite years but a great way to bond with my lads.

God knows, just what we did!!! Happy days now anyway, was definitely worth the wait.. I've become quite partial to a pint or 15 myself now aswell, although im told regularly that we have no excuse to get pissed all the time now!

Gillingham - wembley - 99 - No
Southampton - Maine road - 03 - No
Blackburn - ewood park (Kennedy goal) - No
Last derby Maine road - 3-1 - No
Semi final FA cup against united - No
Final stoke - No
United - 1-6 - No
United (this year)1-0 - Yes
QPR this year - Yes
First derby at eastlands - Yes
York away - No
Spurs FA Cup 4-3 comeback - No
Wigan - Play-Off Semi Final - No

lovecityhateunited said:
cyclops said:
Yes to all of them and I consider myself very lucky.

I would add the first derby at Eastlands to that list as well. It was so important to win the last one at Maine Road and the first at our new stadium.

YEP SAME FOR ME.. THANKS DAD

I also have to thank my dad for a lot of those games, I think 90% of people on here have there dads to thank for taking them in their younger days.

Gillingham - wembley - 99 - yes
Southampton - Maine road - 03 - yes
Blackburn - ewood park (Kennedy goal) - yes
Last derby Maine road - 3-1 - yes
Semi final FA cup against united - no (In Turkey)
Final stoke - no (couldn't get a ticket!)
United - 1-6 - no
United (this year)1-0 - yes
QPR this year - yes

Blackburn - ewood park (Kennedy goal) yes
Semi final FA cup against united - yes
Final stoke - yes
United - 1-6 - no
United (this year)1-0 - yes
QPR this year - Yes

Added
First derby at eastlands - yes
York away - no
Spurs FA Cup 4-3 comeback - no
Wigan - Play-Off Semi Final - no only home leg

Blackburn - ewood park (Kennedy goal) - no
Semi final FA cup against united - no
Final stoke - yes
United - 1-6 - no
United (this year)1-0 - no
QPR this year - no

Added
First derby at eastlands - yes
York away - no
Spurs FA Cup 4-3 comeback - no
Wigan - Play-Off Semi Final - yes

All exept Wigan and York was to young to go away on my own back then but went York at home and play off sf V Wigan at home

I would add TNS, Lokeren & Groclin Aways to that list our 1st season in Europe since the 70's

Oh and the Faroe Islands adventure :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.