West Brom (A) | Post-Match Thread

Pep hadnt been at City long when he told a reporter that if he could he would play with 11 midfielders. Tonight he got his wish. There was that much movement and interchanging of positions, Zinchenko started as a fullback but played in most of the first half in midfield, on comes a sub, he moves to midfield. Cancelo is a born midfielder, Stones and Dias had a go, all the forwards were also dropping back, it was total football.
No centre forward, not even Gabby and all comfortable with the ball at their feet.
Getting closer and closer to the total football of the great Dutch teams. Positions of all the players are becoming fluid. Apart from the centre backs almost non play traditional positions.
Does make me wonder exactly what sort of player we are looking to replace Aguero with.

As I said in the pre match thread, get the dribblers on and attack! Pep followed my instructions; the boys did the business; game won very comfortably, and brilliantly.
Defence unbreached - again. Plus 23 goal difference. Top, and 7 points clear of Liverpool, giving them a must win game at Anfield in 2 weeks, with all the added pressure on them.

Special mentions for Gundo and Cancelo tonight, who've really excelled lately.

Happy days!

The first half tonight was one of the best halves on Pep-Era football I've ever seen. Interchangeable forwards, complete fluidity, rhythmic passing, etc. Everyone played really well.
Tonight this was close to the total football from Rinus Michels and Johann Cruyff who Pep idolised as a youngster. The great Ajax team of the 70s invented it but it is so hard to perfect. What we saw tonight from City was almost perfection.
Ok it was against West Brom. But every City player can swap places on the field with a teammate and play a different position. We need to win the Champs League this season to seal Pep's legacy. As City fans we are privileged to be part of this.

4.5% goals in PL history have been scored against teams managed by Steve Bruce or Sam Allardyce

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.