West Brom (A) | Post-Match Thread

The 2nd goal was a bit of a shambles from a wba point of view, play to the fucking whistle you idiot's. No doubt a big deal will be made of it, but for pro's to switch off like that is embarrassing.
No doubt the media will claim that we scored another dubious goal and there will be another outcry to change the rules such as when to raise the flag, or even blow the whistle.

With the greatest respect, that is bollocks :)

Some of the results and football played in 17/18 was the very best this country has ever seen, over a sustained period of many months. We've only just recently started to approach that level.

Just my humble opinion, but I can't tell you the number of games sitting in the East stand having my breath taken away by the range, quality of passing and deft movement...simply awe-inspiring.
With the greatest of respects, you've completed missed my point :)

I was not referring to the level of the football at all. I'm fully aware of what those levels were and how we are not there at this moment. But the current team plays with a positional fluidity that we've never played with before.

In early 16/17 and then 17/18 only the fullbacks, Silva, and Sterling to a lesser extent had any sense of positional fluidity about them (in an extreme sense that is, there's always an element of it throughout the team in small amounts). In 18/19 Sterling could be added more properly, along with occasionally Bernardo.
There were signs last season that Pep was trying to develop a more fluid front line. On top of that he had experimented with false 9s in a few big games. This season we've evolved to a point where we currently have a team where the front 3, Cancelo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, and sometimes Bernardo play all over the place and with a positional fluidity that I believe is Pep's ultimate footballing goal. A reinvention of 70s Total Football.

There's someway to go yet, but the tactically speaking we're already seeing something unprecedented, even for us. This is the first time we've seen a 5th season Guardiola team.

Last edited:
Excellent performance tonight from City and I was delighted to see Big Sam, The Dinosaurs Dinosaur, Allardyce is still sprinkling his unmagic dust. Everywhere the **** goes, death and pestilence are waiting. Every year or so they open his crypt as some idiot thinks, we are right in the shite, how could we possibly make it worse? Sam trots up and shows them how. After he gets sacked and 're embalmed, another club pops up to sign on for a fate worse than a fate worse than death. He must be in treble figures of clubs beguiled by his hype and thrown off a cliff. Once he gets sacked tomorrow, I'm convinced he will end up at Celtic and that will be my signal to walk the earth. But, apart from that ****, you're looking tasty.

No doubt the media will claim that we scored another dubious goal and there will be another outcry to change the rules such as when to raise the flag, or even blow the whistle.
Nah, they'd never do that.

BBC:
"For the second week running City were the beneficiaries of a contentious offside call but there can be no doubt that they would have routed the hosts regardless."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.