West Brom (h) post-match thread

Will finish outside the top 6 this season unless we get some real quality in Jan.
Yep. We’re all City fans and nobody wants to drag the players constantly but Rodri, Mahrez, Ake, Cancelo, Jesus, Mendy, there are SO many lame ducks in this team.

Its all on pep this
Never played like this under him
Why change it?
They were never going to hit us on the counter tonight. Defend set pieces that would have been there best chance
Where has the intensity gone ?
He can't keep coming out and saying 20 odd chances im so proud
Other than the two headers at the end the other chances were nowt special

The 2 headers at the end were also straight at the keeper.

Trying to think of reasons why this season is so poor. Game after game. Not buying the no pre-season Pep, we’re in December. Can only think no crowds having a bigger impact than we thought. Not saying the players aren’t motivated, but we help create the urgency. A roar goes up, you can see the effect. That is the most noticeable change, we can’t have gone this dross so quickly.
We did lose a huge chunk of our spine, both in leadership and on-pitch quality. Silva and Kompany, and Fernandinho is not capable of starting every game anymore, plus with Sergio out for the most part.

Way I see it, the big problem is us failing to adequately replace them.

Realizing losing Silva would put a huge chunk of creative burden on KdB, how could the club/Pep not have seen this coming?

Have we replaced any of our old guard ? We know kun is on his last legs & still no replacement for him either.

the board & transfers have been a big issue for us. This club should be ruling Europe right now but we have gone backwards for 18 months

It looks like the clubs current brainstorm is to throw money at a 34 year old Messi to paper over the cracks.

The team needs ripping up and the recruitment strategy, of just getting what the agent Mendes throws our way, needs to be seriously looked at.

I thought Pep and the players know how difficult this league is and you just can't stroll around and
expect things to happen. SO WHY DO THEY !!!
It’s like they are all waiting for something to happen and they know they’re safe until at least 75 mins. If Pep started making earlier subs maybe the others would get the message that they need to push earlier - if we’d played the whole 2nd half like the last 10 mins we’d have won that easily

When Pep signed the contract I was excited because I thought he’d cracked it and was gonna come back reinvigorated but hes regressing too. Does Lillo do anything either? Surely he can tell pep to get a grip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.