West Brom - post match thread

Yeah and we scored two when he pressed us.

He's no fool. He knows that if you press us then you open yourselves up.

If yer gonna press then you need athletes rather than footballers. Folk who can run all day, but one blip, one de Bruyne or Aguero and all yer running and pressing is undone, and then yer have to come out, show some attacking ambition and that is when we are more than capable of going for the jugular.

I rather like this comment I found on the BBC Sports page by an Arsenal fan:

Pep is the only manager I would have entertained Arsene being replaced by so, if Arsenal are beaten to the title this season, I'll off my cap if it's the side of Manchester with fire in its belly, a poetic rhythm of play, a gent with class and footballing intellect the size of Saturn, and a philosophy which I hope has spelt the end of the 'special one' in English football management.

For the last goal, it was started by Bravo's pass out and was 5 passes in total (KDB's being the 5th) before it hit the back of the net........that is what pep is talking about the he mentions being more clinical (as well as taking our chances). No west brom player touched it from one end of the pitch to the other and into the net.

Added bonus was seeing all the rag sheep stuck in a traffic jam that was miles long on the M6 on their way to the swamp.

And then coming back the traffic jam on the other side of the carriageway of them on their way home was even longer.

Them rag bastids will not be back in London much before midnight. Happy days.

Thought.the shoot the pigeon song was class anyone who was there before kick off will understand what I mean

Pep Guardiola admitted he had doubts about his Manchester City side but not his principles after victory over West Brom ended a six-match winless run.

City had not won in all competitions since 24 September but beat the Baggies 4-0 to regain top spot from Arsenal.

"Six games without winning is a long time," Guardiola told BBC Sport.

"When we lose always you doubt. Also in the second half when we didn't play like the first half I had doubts about what we had to do to improve."

He added: "The principles? No doubts. But to know the players, how they play with other ones, how you play in different systems, sometimes you make a doubt, yes.

"Winning again is so important for us. When you lose, the problem is you lose a bit of confidence each time for the next game and it has happened in this period."

Sergio Aguero scored twice - his first goals in six games - before midfielder Ilkay Gundogan added two more after a brief West Brom revival.

Argentina striker Aguero's seven goals in the league make him joint top-scorer with Chelsea's Diego Costa.

"We need Sergio," Guardiola said.

"We know how important it is for us when he can be as good as he is. He is part of the history of this club but I would like to help him still. That is my target. Help him to feel how important he is for us in in every game.

"He is one of the best. And above all that he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I love working with the nice guys, and Sergio is one of them."

For the last goal, it was started by Bravo's pass out and was 5 passes in total (KDB's being the 5th) before it hit the back of the net........that is what pep is talking about the he mentions being more clinical (as well as taking our chances). No west brom player touched it from one end of the pitch to the other and into the net.

And that's why we got bravo

"Pep is the only manager I would have entertained Arsene being replaced by so, if Arsenal are beaten to the title this season, I'll off my cap if it's the side of Manchester with fire in its belly, a poetic rhythm of play, a gent with class and footballing intellect the size of Saturn, and a philosophy which I hope has spelt the end of the 'special one' in English football management."

The self-proclaimed 'special one' has come and gone. He is no more. Very similar to that parrot in Monty Python!

Had a four nil feeling before the game so delighted with the outcome. Wan't sure in opening stages how is was going to work out, despite complete control, when Silva had a horrid early touch and Sergio's first shot was woeful but the ruthless Aguero soon reappeared and two fine finishes pretty much ensured it was game over in the first half. However, City's dominance was tested in the second half when Pulis made a couple of early subs and tried to go on the offensive and have his players get amongst City's. Indeed WBA should have scored but wasted a couple of good chances and City made them pay so my only complaints would be that we did not get a third goal in the first half and were not quite as composed when prsssured a bit as I would have liked.

I had to seat with the Baggies today, although I has the top corner of stand adjacent to the away end to myself, so left the ground among the home support and caught a few of their comments, paraphrased here:

"It wasn't 4-0 game but you have to admit they are in a different class".

"Bringing on KDB and Navas was just taking the piss".

"They're going to concede a lot of goals the way their keeper plays".

"He hasn't got the players he had at Barca and Bayern but they are going to walk the league".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.