West Brom post-match thread

On a side note why is it that Sane gets into some fantastic scoring positions and his feet seem to slip as if on ice. Does he need longer studs.
He's done it a few times this season.

Yes I agree. Every game he loses his footing in key areas.
Still, he’s on fire and if he manages to control the ball better on occasions and wear better boots the sky is the limit for him. Great player.

MOTD was incredibly complimentary. I think they said something along the lines of taking football to a new level. That was almost word for word what I said to my family before watching MOTD so I was chuffed with that comment.

Difficult to reconcile those comments with the comments of some City fans who said for example that we looked tired or one or two were incredibly careless. I think perhaps when you have almost total control of a game and don't kill a game it creates a nervousness and sense of frustration because football has a habit of punishing you if you don't take your chances.

I think we got ahead and just managed the game with the Champions League game in mind and were wasteful in front of goal. At times we seemed to lapse into passing for passing sake instead of going to score goals, but we've won again.

You can't play with your pedal to the floor all season long

I agree, the game was almost too easy at times and we played in 3rd gear for most of it. That caused a few lazy passes which we know will not happen against tougher opposition. The "shark team" was still good though and the work to get the ball back was brilliant.

We've just gone 5 points clear, we've scored 3 away from home. We're unbeaten all season. But read this thread, read this site, you'd think we're in turmoil. A greater bunch of ungrateful, utterly spoilt, FIFA 18 playing wankers you could not create. What do people want? Wankers.

You think this is bad? Log onto Twitter and see some of the shit that's being said on there

Yes I agree. Every game he loses his footing in key areas.
Still, he’s on fire and if he manages to control the ball better on occasions and wear better boots the sky is the limit for him. Great player.
imo the reason he ends up on his arse more is the weight of his hair he's too top heavy , especially when wet, his hair must weigh the same as david silva when wet.

seriously,he is that quick he will slip more than say a david silva

The entire premier league is on notice. Teams are circling the dates they play city and shitting themselves. This is the Pep effect.
I reckon most teams are going to play us in hopes of not to get embarrassed off the pitch.

This pretty much sums it up. Pulis played with no wingers yesterday....

I agree, the game was almost too easy at times and we played in 3rd gear for most of it. That caused a few lazy passes which we know will not happen against tougher opposition. The "shark team" was still good though and the work to get the ball back was brilliant.
Better to be 3 or 4 goals clear before getting sloppy, whatever the opposition a one goal lead is never enough.

imo the reason he ends up on his arse more is the weight of his hair he's too top heavy , especially when wet, his hair must weigh the same as david silva when wet.

seriously,he is that quick he will slip more than say a david silva

I think his technique can improve, the ball can at times get stuck under his feet. It’s just a few things to iron out and then we will have an incredible player on our hands

MOTD was incredibly complimentary. I think they said something along the lines of taking football to a new level. That was almost word for word what I said to my family before watching MOTD so I was chuffed with that comment.

Difficult to reconcile those comments with the comments of some City fans who said for example that we looked tired or one or two were incredibly careless. I think perhaps when you have almost total control of a game and don't kill a game it creates a nervousness and sense of frustration because football has a habit of punishing you if you don't take your chances.

I think we got ahead and just managed the game with the Champions League game in mind and were wasteful in front of goal. At times we seemed to lapse into passing for passing sake instead of going to score goals, but we've won again.

You can't play with your pedal to the floor all season long

I did not have a stream yesterday and going of the comments by some expected to see quite a poor performance. Watching Nissan game of the day I was pleasantly surprised by the way the team played, the movement of the ball, control of the game and how we dominated a side which set different challenges for us and offered a very physical threat from set pieces etc.

It was a potential banana skin and we passed with flying colours.

I think his technique can improve, the ball can at times get stuck under his feet. It’s just a few things to iron out and then we will have an incredible player on our hands
don't say this out loud but,(looks over both shoulders) I can see sane going on to be a multiple ballon dor winner ,hes got everything he needs to do it.skill,speed,goals ,everything

Scoreline was not a reflection on City's dominance, but we won without any injuries which is the main thing.

Wtf was Otamendi doing at the end, but both Stones and Ota have been excellent so I will forgive one mistake.

With Otamendi on 4 yellows and a pending ban we need Vinny fit asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.