West Brom Post Match Thread

Pardew's attempt to equate Dinho's at best clumsy, at worst nasty but never dangerous "stamp" with some of the horrendous hooligan tackles they were flying in with left a sour taste.

Didn't like the way Lineker tried to compare Silva's admittedly bad tackle with their tackles either. They weren't like for like - Silva's was 12 inches lower than the one on Diaz ffs.

Really good solid performance last night.

Pluses:
Zinchenko
Laporte
B Silva
Aguero
Gundogan

I love Sterling to bits and he's brilliant, if he wasn't so infuriatingly wasteful in front of goal, he would have 25 or more goals under his belt this season so far.

Diaz was brilliant in his cameo and showed no fear attacking their defence, he is definitely ready to stay on the bench and play the odd cup game for the rest of the season.

Can't wait for Saturday.

Diaz could turn out to be our secret weapon in Sane’s absence.
Bags of pace, full of tricks and not afraid to take players on. He is a pretty much unknown entity for teams playing us. Once the end product is sorted out he will be a real player.
I am certain Pep knows exactly how to manage the lad and but would be great to see him getting the nod at Burnley.
His, Zinchenko and Foden’s rise are excellent signs for the future.

I don't think that is right because if the ball had stayed in play, McLean could have ran up the other end, scored and then been sent off. This would put the ref in a very controversial positron

I am not claiming to be an authority on this, I just heard this a couple of years ago
Yes, but we also need players like Zincheko, who is doing a great job, but for all we know, may never be good enough as a fullback, or a midfield player.

Doesn't matter, he is there now.

That's the secret the rags have had compared to City. Not creating 'stars' just creating squad players to help the first team.

They haven't found a 'star' for years. Well they found one, sold him & bought him back for 100 mil.
He's no star mate, that showboating rag sells shirts and that's it. Wouldn't get anywhere near our first team

Well we disagree about the past but agree about the present and both want the same for the future. It's going to be interesting to see whether the wider football world picks up on these kids as they develop, and starts to see our Academy as what it is: the best.

As an aside, they are still recruiting the real young ones very pro-actively indeed. And the progression of Diaz etc can only help the sales pitch. I manage a junior football team ad one of our lads has been given full Academy status recently, and I live in West Yorkshire. I've told this story before, but about a year ago my mate was walking his dog at the local high school, which has loads of pitches used by junior teams at the weekend. This was a Saturday morning. He came across a group of young lads with parents with football gear and asked them what they were doing. They were waiting for a bus to come from City to show them round the Academy. Now that's impressive. We have football clubs all over the region, many much closer, but City are getting the pick.
This is happening, friends grandsons are in the city set up, aged 7 and 4 years. Go from Sheffield, get all the kit, showed around regularly and match tickets. Parents are very excited however there is about 400 in each age group.

There is no way they dare act on Fernandinho whilst letting those tackles go. They know there would be hell to pay as it would reveal the idiocy of the no retro action because of yellows but can do for less otherwise.

Think that has helped us by helping them smuggle that under the rug as usual by not having to highlight something else that would have exposed the stupidity of that yellow means you can kill someone and get away with it idea.

That surely will be a rule that gets changed in the Summer.

You cannot argue it means you re referee a game when a referee misjudged the incident live given that you have VAR already doing exactly that.

Diaz could turn out to be our secret weapon in Sane’s absence.
Bags of pace, full of tricks and not afraid to take players on. He is a pretty much unknown entity for teams playing us. Once the end product is sorted out he will be a real player.
I am certain Pep knows exactly how to manage the lad and but would be great to see him getting the nod at Burnley.
His, Zinchenko and Foden’s rise are excellent signs for the future.
I agree, and I'd play either Diaz or Zinchenko in Sane's place until he's back from injury. Not keen on Sterling on the left TBH.

It was heartwarming to hear pretty much the whole ground give Gareth Barry the ovation he deserved last night. We never really got a chance to say goodbye to him and I hope he knows how much he's loved by us for his role in our success. Love that picture of him running after Zaba as they celebrate the first goal against QPR

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.