West Brom Post Match Thread

I thought Laporte was maybe a little too anxious to get his challenges in at times, in stark contrast to how he was on the ball. All in all, I think he will be a hell of a good buy. Even Alan Pardew was moved to comment on his cross field passes and wish the rest of the league good luck on coping with yet another weapon in the City armoury.

He looks the real deal to me. Great on the ball and strong in the air. Plays those crossfield passes so loved by Pep brilliantly.

Best of all...at one point I saw him bollocking Otamendi for not holding the line. And twice he received the ball from Bernado who was in a wide attacking area but down a blind alley. I tell you now, he screamed for that ball. I heard it from the top tier! He looks like A Kyle Walker style big, confident, winning personality to me.

Now be fair, Sane shreds most defenders, I dont think he is that far behind Walker defending and far better in the attacking role/delivering crosses (Mho, but then Walker has improved under Pep).

My main point was we had him from a kid and numpty gave him away.
I think he's a fair bit behind Walker defensively and hasn't got anything like his engine for attacking. Crossing wise definitely better I'd agree.
It has though taken him a long time of playing games to get to that level, I'm not sure he'd have got the game time under any manager, a fair bit of it was at Championship level.

Now be fair, Sane shreds most defenders, I dont think he is that far behind Walker defending and far better in the attacking role/delivering crosses (Mho, but then Walker has improved under Pep).

My main point was we had him from a kid and numpty gave him away.

Mate, Kyle Walker is light years ahead of Trippier.

I agree that Hughes was a numpty though, and we could certainly have raised 5 or 10 mill for him if we'd kept him.

Anyone got a clip of the Walker foul in the 2nd half, the Rondon and Ota spat which also included The Door and the one on Silva in the first half that could have been a penalty?

Mate, Kyle Walker is light years ahead of Trippier.

Your entitled to your opinion, but light years is a little strong, having watched him from being a kid he is far better than Walker at recovering and getting back into a tackle as an example (And he is better at timing a tackle so getting the ball cleanly)

I think he's a fair bit behind Walker defensively and hasn't got anything like his engine for attacking. Crossing wise definitely better I'd agree.
It has though taken him a long time of playing games to get to that level, I'm not sure he'd have got the game time under any manager, a fair bit of it was at Championship level.

That backs up the wisdom of sending youth players out to get game time, he certainly wasn`t ready to step straight into the first team, but the talent was there to see even as a kid (Unless your name was hughes and you were a complete c*nt).

Your entitled to your opinion, but light years is a little strong, having watched him from being a kid he is far better than Walker at recovering and getting back into a tackle as an example (And he is better at timing a tackle so getting the ball cleanly)

That backs up the wisdom of sending youth players out to get game time, he certainly wasn`t ready to step straight into the first team, but the talent was there to see even as a kid (Unless your name was hughes and you were a complete c*nt).

I don't think Trippier is good enough for City but it wouldn't have been impossible for him to play some games. Ben Mee was too slow & accident prone to play in an attacking team, he is at the right level.

The players from those years who, if they were that age now, I would really like Pep to get a hold of, are Sturridge & most of all Vladimir Weiss.

Imo, Weiss was a Sane/ Jesus level talent, who unfortunately was never taught how to actually play football.

First of all, 'I don't need an echo' when I was simply explaining that I was talking about Evans in the summer, not now, & secondly 'I said I trust pep's over your soapbox motivated opinion.'

No need for any it, at all.
The echo reference was because I had already clearly already mentioned that the JFE contact was in the summer. The other frustration with you is that you make a comment without thinking it through (as we all do) but when called out you spend the next 10 pages trying to defend the indefensible.

Satisfying to get the result against another team of animals led by one of the media's favourite dinosaur managers. It's sad to see a club that was once graced by people like Regis and Cunningham (even Bryan Robson) become just another group of cloggers. I wonder how many points behind Eddie Howe's progressive team, which plays proper football with fewer resources, West Brom will finish.

Aside from them trying to flog us JFE all summer, I didn’t have any grudge against them whatsoever, but, after last night, I really hope they go down.

I really am struggling to see how the hell Pep manages to keep his cool when shaking hands with 99% of our opposition’s managers after matches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.