West Brom pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Aguia said:
BigOscar said:
Jovetic isn't a midfielder though, so a swap for Nasri would be a huge risk. 3 strikers from the start is a little on the suicidal side for my taste

Actually he is. He's an attacking midfielder. Best position in central of a 4-2-3-1. Can also play out wide of a front 3.

Correct. He has played on his own up front on quite a few occasions as well though.

andrewmswift said:
why on earth is clichy starting ... ?

I'm more bothered about this than Jovetic. Kolarov seems to have fallen out of favour, despite being distinctly better than Clichy for much of the season.

Very attacking line up. Hopefully we're not leaving ourselves open with a 2 man midfield or open to the break. Come on city!

simonmdm said:
Very attacking line up. Hopefully we're not leaving ourselves open with a 2 man midfield or open to the break. Come on city!

Garcia will stick back, can't see too much threat from West Brom. They will certainly not look to dominate the game but rather hit us on the break, Garcia should be enough.

Mr. Aguia said:
BigOscar said:
Jovetic isn't a midfielder though, so a swap for Nasri would be a huge risk. 3 strikers from the start is a little on the suicidal side for my taste

Actually he is. He's an attacking midfielder. Best position in central of a 4-2-3-1. Can also play out wide of a front 3.
I was more refering to his defensive work, which is non-existent. He can play in the hole, but for me, that's not the same as playing as an attacking midfielder. Nasri will be required to track their RB, which Jovetic wouldn't do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.