West Brom pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to look after KDB.

If he does play at all it should be half a game. There is no point in risking fucking him up. Forgetting the PSG game, the other league games are just as important as Saturdays game, so if his legs go for next week, & we can't use him, it defeats the object of using him on Saturday.

We need to get him fit & not wear him out like we did at the start of the season.
Pellegrini unfortunately has been a pig at managing our players in this respect - see Vinny for example. I hope he will be different now, but it is just hope, not optimism :-(

Pellegrini unfortunately has been a pig at managing our players in this respect - see Vinny for example. I hope he will be different now, but it is just hope, not optimism :-(
I wouldn't be worried about KdB, he doesn't have a record of injuryproneness. I'd say some good game time against WBA (maybe another 70 mins or so depending on how the match develops) will only help him get back to his best form quicker.

We have a maximum of 11 matches to play, so don't mess about with the team.

Keep it the same as the last game and, apart from Joe & Zabba, the same as Bournemouth as the 10 outfield players are starting to look like a team and can only get better as they get used to playing with each other.

With a bench of Delph, Nasri, Zabba, Itchy, Kolorov, Willy and A N Other (Bony, Sterling, Vincent) we will have a good squad to see us to the end of the season.

I am afraid no Yaya for me he just mucks up our rhythm.

I wouldn't be worried about KdB, he doesn't have a record of injuryproneness. I'd say some good game time against WBA (maybe another 70 mins or so depending on how the match develops) will only help him get back to his best form quicker.

It's not about injury necessarily it's about sharpness. To do what he does, he has to be sharp mentally as well as physically or he starts turning up his own arse & doing everything slowly like Silva is now doing. The first time shots disappear etc.

You could see it happening to him earlier in the season. If we get him to 100% & keep him there, he will probably get us top 4. Some of the others look completely devoid of inspiration. We can't rely on them.

Don't see Barcelona making wholesale changes and neither should we. Saturday is an absolutely huge game for us, happy to rotate the full backs and maybe Yaya fit but hoping nobody else rested.

Both fullbacks to change, Nasri and Delph to start and at least one of Bony/Kelechi to start too. Changes all around but should still be more than good enough to beat a West Brom side that have nothing left to play for now.

At least 2 of the teams around us are guaranteed to drop points seeing as West Ham play Arsenal and Spurs play United so 3 points in this is an absolute must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.