West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

K.Reeves right foot said:
allan harper said:
This ^^^^ !
Utter boll*cks............sheer arrogance by our new fans who suddenly think The league Cup is somehow not good enough for us now we have all this money........great attitude guys........
give your head a wobble

itsnevereasy said:
Anyone saying that this is a Micky Mouse cup should be shot. We haven't lifted a cup in my lifetime - I don't give a flying fuck if it's the league cup that we could win it is a fucking cup, a cup which would rip that fucking banner down!

gotta agree mate....4th spot won't rip the banner down

Anyone who thinks the League Cup is a priority this season is a knob. If we won the Carling this season but finished 5th I'd be absolutely fucking livid. If we lose now but finish 4th I'd be pretty satisfied

Even with the under strength side we've got out we should still be putting in better performances than this, don't forget, WBA have a shadow side playing tonight too.

shadygiz said:
Gelsons Dad said:
For everyone who's overreacting. Get a grip! It's the league cup. It's a pointless trophy that is obviously not on our radar. The team selection should have made that very clear. No way could we afford to risk an injury to one of our remaining first team defenders. Just look at Chelsea 2 off on stretchers and terry off at half time with ribs. If we had 3 injuries to our remaining first team we would have to right off the prem and europe and hope we had enough back in time for the FA cup.

Think strategic then tactical.

EHHH??

the carling cup is on our radar...what a crap statement tbh.....if we manage to get a cup, it could be the springboard we need to push on and galvanise the team spirit
i know dont know what people expect us to win other than this cup...

Balti said:
Premier League 4th spot or better is the priority this season. Then the Europa. Then the FA Cup. A distant last is this competition. West Brom away is not an easy game and the team that has been put out tells you everything you need to know. RM is not at all bothered at all about the CC. Can't say I blame him.

Spot on.

Goater666 said:
Gelsons Dad said:
For everyone who's overreacting. Get a grip! It's the league cup. It's a pointless trophy that is obviously not on our radar. The team selection should have made that very clear. No way could we afford to risk an injury to one of our remaining first team defenders. Just look at Chelsea 2 off on stretchers and terry off at half time with ribs. If we had 3 injuries to our remaining first team we would have to right off the prem and europe and hope we had enough back in time for the FA cup.

Think strategic then tactical.

Pointless trophy? We've won fuck all donkey's years. This trophy should be more important than finishing 4th.

Winning this trophy will mean fuck all if we dong get top 4. Get 4th and we will have a far greater choice of players who will want to join us and it means we might get in the financial restrictions. No top 4 this season might very well bite us in the arse in the future yet if we do get it it will mean that there is no way we wont win the league in the next 3-4 years.

Short term pain for a long term pain. CL football and we will end up dominating in europe and in england. Winning the league cup now wont help us on our way there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.