West Brom Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a class="postlink" href="http://eplindex.com/45498/west-bromwich-albion-manchester-city-preview-team-news-key-men-stats.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://eplindex.com/45498/west-bromwich ... stats.html</a>
this is a very good preview, I agree with them that we need Negredo's power tonight, but I think with Kun looking in need of 3-4 days without a match, It could be worth starting Nasri in the 'second striker' role tonight while his confidence is sky-high from the Swansea game
Hart/Pants
Zaba Vinnie Demichelis/Lescott Clichy
Dinho
Yaya
Navas Nasri Milner
Negredo
This team for me keeps our width, while allowing both Yaya and Nasri to attack the west brom back 4 as well as dropping back alongside 'dinho to give us some extra numbers if we're under pressure in the middle of the park (nasri in particular with his pace could be key here, especially as his work-rate has sky-rocketed this season) and uses Negredo's power and ingenuity to lead the line, as personally I don't think Kun looks at his best on his own and Dzeko for me will have to wait for the Palace, Leicester and Bayern games for his starts.
in defence I also wouldn't mind seeing any 2 of that back 3, demich and joleoninho look like theyre starting to develop a decent partnership and have suffered more due to a lack of protection than bad performances in recent games. It's great to hear Vinnie's back fit, but I'd only risk him if the medical team think he's 100% with the schedule we have coming up. I wouldn't change the full-backs as clichy and zaba are both starting to find form and we have had far too much rotation in that defence this season. Don't particularly care who starts in goal, theres cases to be made for both keepers imo.

aguero93:20 said:
waspish said:
Team

__________Pants____________

Zab__Kompany_Lescot__Clichy

______Milner__Fernandiho____

________Yaya_Nasri___________

_____Aguero___Negrado______
Alarming lack of width there, don't want to go back to last season's "we're only going to attack through the middle so don't bother defending your flanks, Navas or Milner has to start out wide, or go a 4-3-3 with kun and Nasri under strict instructions to keep their width(which is a bit of a waste of Kun's talents)
Ok how about this:

Team

__________Pants____________

Zab__________________________________Kompany__________________________Lescot____________________________Clichy

Milner________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Fernandiho____

________________________________________________________Yaya_Nasri_________________________________________________________________________

_____Aguero________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Negrado______

with vinny back i like to see a major improvment in our away form, now is the time to pull together and go for 3 on the bounce and get some momentum going and make a full on charge, in jan i hope to see us either top or within a couple of points of leader

jollylescott said:
For some reason I think the boys will be ready to rumble tonight. They will be super motivated to shed this away game stigma.

In relation to the team that MP will set up, I wonder if he might play the 4-5-1 that he played against Chelski? I am saying this and being mindful of the heavy program. I thought Kun showed slight signs of tiredness on the weekend. He might start The Beast up front in this game, and Kun v Southampton? It might be a bit of an insurance policy to have an extra midfielder.

With Negredo coming off on Sunday depite Aguero looking tired and having a bit of a mare by his recent standards I'd suggest that Sergio might get a rest tonight with Negredo up top by himself, at least for the first half hour.

Wouldn't surprise me if the reverse was true at Southampton either.

whisper it but Dzeko had a good 15 minutes as a sub where he looked up for it for once
We're playing twice a week into the New Year and somewhere down the line we are going to have to rotate the forwards or Aguero will burn out

It's happened before with Silva.

Wh dont we attempt to play them on the counter?? Sit back the first half hour and try and pick our spots to pour a few men forward quickly?? Sounds like a plan to me. We could do a rope a dope.....

Frank the Yank said:
Wh dont we attempt to play them on the counter?? Sit back the first half hour and try and pick our spots to pour a few men forward quickly?? Sounds like a plan to me. We could do a rope a dope.....
Don't know if west brom will commit enough men forward for us to try that, we tried it against Chelski and mourinho's tactics were too cagey for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.