West Brom Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in another thread said that City are "sitting on a loaf of bread". Couldn't agree more.
If we keep up this playing style with a settled back four, then we should be champions.
Here's my analysis so far for the head-to-heads between the top sides:

Pl W D L F A GD Pts
City 4 3 0 1 14 4 10 9
Arsenal 3 2 0 1 3 1 2 6
Chelsea 4 1 2 1 3 3 0 5
Everton 4 1 2 1 5 6 -1 5
United 5 1 2 2 4 7 -3 5
Livpool 3 1 1 1 4 5 -1 4
Spurs 5 0 3 2 3 10 -7 3

The winner of this mini league will be title winners IMO.
Let's go City, 3 points tonight, anything less is bad news.

---------------------------------------------------PANTS------------------------------------------------------

ZABBA------------------DeMICHEALS----------------LESCOTT--------------------------CLICHY

---------------------------FERDI----------------------------------MILNER--------------------------------

------------NAVAS----------------------------YAYA---------------------------------NASRI-------------

--------------------------------------------------BEAST-----------------------------------------------------

We are going to have to be on our game tonight, i think Pelle will st up for the counter attack and give West Brom plenty of possession, i would like to see Rodwell and Guidetti get some game time tonight as well.

I wouldn't risk Kompany unless he is 100%

I can't see Kompany playing, although we need him badly. The best thing to do would probably be giving him 30 minutes but that doesn't make much sense at centre half.
I really hope we set the tempo from the off tonight. At Sunderland, we all knew after 10 mins what kind of a game it would be and it's so frustrating to see that.
My team would be:
Pants
Zabaleta
Demichelis
Lescott
Clichy
Dinho
Milner
Yaya
Nasri
Navas
Negredo

abu13 said:
---------------------------------------------------PANTS------------------------------------------------------

ZABBA------------------DeMICHEALS----------------LESCOTT--------------------------CLICHY

---------------------------FERDI----------------------------------MILNER--------------------------------

------------NAVAS----------------------------YAYA---------------------------------NASRI-------------

--------------------------------------------------BEAST-----------------------------------------------------

We are going to have to be on our game tonight, i think Pelle will st up for the counter attack and give West Brom plenty of possession, i would like to see Rodwell and Guidetti get some game time tonight as well.

I like that team, even more with Kompany in it, but I don't see City playing on the back foot anywhere. WBA will be looking to counter-attack us. We can do it if and when we go a goal up, then teams have to come at us like we did against Spurs and Swansea

Our way is to attack,in every away game we've played we should IMHO have got something out of it,cut out the mistakes and we wouldn't lose another game this season,there isn't a team IMO near us,we will go on a very long unbeaten run soon,and leave everyone eating our dust.

Give Sergio a well earned rest and put him on the bench, he's been on fire but like others have said we don't want him burning out. I think we are still far too open in the way we play, some of the football is brilliant but teams are still getting far too many chances , tonight is the night for 5 midfielders and if Komps is fit he plays.

abu13 said:

Been fit for 2 weeks according to Pellegrini. Erred on the side of caution already

Depending on who sessegnon pairs up against or where he plays they may have a quiet game. I'm always worried about having REALLY slow CBs, whether there's a high line or not.

Stood in The South Stand said:
Give Sergio a well earned rest and put him on the bench, he's been on fire but like others have said we don't want him burning out. I think we are still far too open in the way we play, some of the football is brilliant but teams are still getting far too many chances , tonight is the night for 5 midfielders and if Komps is fit he plays.

I doubt he will rest him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.