West Ham 2017/18

I think they will go now. Won't be getting many points before the new year and will need 27 points from 18 games to get 40. Can't see it.

Part of a letter from football365's mailbox regarding the current plight of West Ham - http://www.football365.com/news/did-anybody-not-celebrate-with-raheem-sterling

'In 2010, you came along and self-proclaimed that you were saving us. You proclaimed you were one of us, even though that wasn’t true. Davids Sullivan and Gold, along with their henchwoman Karen Brady. You proclaimed that you were our ‘saviours’ and we would have become extinct if they didn’t arrive.

They kind of were, who else wanted to buy us out after the shambles of the Icelandic owners who put us in serious debt

Was it when you cut off the season tickets of the legends of our club for cost savings?

Not sure this is true

Was it when you sacked long standing employees of our club for cost saving purposes yet pay some of our players over £100k a week?

Two separate points really, when they came in, they noticed how many unneeded ground staff etc we had, they got rid of some jobs.
we demand good signings, fans were over the moon with zabaleta,hart, chico etc - to attract them you have to pay that much a week.

Was it when you tried to renege on an agreed Season Ticket offer with your most loyal fans?

Not sure what offer he means - our season ticket prices are pretty low in comparison with other london clubs

Was it when you have essentially disowned our heritage and not invested and almost abandoned our academy?

not sure meaning of disowning heritage is, unless he means the stadium move, which fans were for and i myself am happy with.

'abandoned' academy - not sure, Noble and Tomkins are the only successful players from our academy over the last 20 years! way before SGB takeover - football seems to have moved on, not many clubs promote from within nowadays as there is to much money floating around to buy 'worldclass' players

Was it when you didn’t invest in our training facilities in your whole ownership era?

Not sure if investment has improved, but previously we were training at chadwell heath, now we have Rush Green aswell for the first team which seems to have better training facilitys

Was it when you sold our home without us having a say?

most fans were all for the move, i can't recall any protest against the move

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22525290

Was it when you sold our soul for corporate greed?

stupid question

Was it when you moved us to an Athletics stadium, not a football stadium?

Yes, they did, with the backing of majority of fans.
Upton Park was crap and half the size, we are selling out at the O/S, not a 'footballing stadium' doesn't really make sense, there is a football pitch in the middle of a stadium.
I do however agree, some parts of the stadium are to far away from the pitch, at UP we was on top of the pitch.

Was it when you promised us Champions League football in five years?

Sullivan did i believe, i didn't mind this optimism to be honest, but never really took it as a sworn promise, such is football.

Was it when you promised us the next level if we moved ground? By next level, did you mean Championship?

they did, but in what time frame ? some fans really think we would be competing with the top 4 straight away ?! it's only our second season in a new home.
Relegation and yes, the next level quote will bite them on the arse.

Was it when you promised us world-class players but signed Jonathan Calleri and Gokhan Tore instead?

2 terrible signings of many... but what about the signings of Payet, Zabaleta, Joe Hart, Arnaoutivic, Chico - they are very good players at the time of signing, but have not come off...

Was it when you sold our best player, Dimitri Payet and replaced him with Robert Snodgrass?

Payet wanted to leave, refused to play and was being a general arse. what could we do ? he had to go.
Snodgrass was terrible for us but wasn't a like for like replacment.

Was it when you attempted an obvious gentrification of our loyal support base?

Another emotion tripped question, the old hard core fans are still going and still moaning, yes we have attracted more 'touristy' type of fans, but that is normal when you jump from a 30,000 to a 60,000 stadium

Was it when you hired nightclub bouncers and cage fighters to moonlight as stewards so you could forcibly eject season ticket holders that wanted to stand?

Not sure if true, the criticism of the stewards were for being to relaxed

Was it when you said you’d help clear our debts but those debt levels remain the same seven years later but have been replaced with your money.

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2017/03/09/west-ham-s-financial-situation-revealed

basically we have transferred our debt from the banks to the club’s two principle shareholders while our third party debt remains broadly inline of what it was and should be for a club our size.

Was it when you introduced a premium phone line for buying tickets, a phone line belonging to a company you owned?

No idea

Was it when you made a donation to the Conservative party on the club’s behalf? With the knowledge that our CEO, Karen Brady, is member of said party and received a life peer from that party around the same time?

West ham are privately owned so believe this is allowed, whilst a paltry sum in the football world i do however think football and politics should never be mixed so personally do agree with this

Was it when you allowed your teenage son to manage our social media output and criticise managers/players in public?

Sullivan son speaks like a average west ham fan on twitter - a annoying twerp, but harmless enough, dont take notice of them

Was it when you organised club plants on fans websites and forums to defend your actions?

Proof ? i could be one!

Was it when you wanted to play football manager and buy the players you wanted, as opposed to the players the manager wanted?

Believe this is the case for most clubs nowadays, owners and managers bring in players together - by all accounts Owners bought in Lanzini, Payet and other good signings, we know for sure Bilic bought in Tore and a few others he had personal ties with.

Was it when you always took the free, cheap and loan option in regards to the above?

They do like to loan, joe hart for example, but sometimes that make sense, financially anyway, thank god we only loaned Zaza - if they don't come off then they can bugger off, if they play well then we can offer them long term contract - seems a good way to me - unless they are sitting on billions worth of money, how do fans know exactly how much they can spend ? seems us fans dont care about the owners unless they can spend billions.

Was it when you threatened to sue another club’s owner when he called you up for the liar and shyster you are?

Sporting chairman said we never come in for a offer to Carvaliho. we did.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-that-appear-to-prove-william-carvalho-offers

Was it when you constantly undermined all our managers?

Not sure how you define this - think they were pretty fair on Big Sam, gave him enough resources and time.

Was it when you attempted to discredit and undermine one of the only remaining good things about this club, a decent and honest man, Slaven Bilic?

Bilic had to go, fans wanted him out - he was a rubbish manager - had they have helped with better signings and more investment then yes, he was undermined.

Was it when you once again took the cheap and easy option, and rewarded failure, by appointing David Moyes?

Agree, shocking decision - surely better out there , i know Moyes has experiance and seems like a decent enough guy, but i think it's a mistake he was hired, i hope i'm proved wrong, but early signs don't look great.

Was it the constant lies and trying to take us for fools?

another question with way to much sentiment, like it is written by a 10 year old

You know the cost of everything but the value of nothing. You’ve both simultaneously managed to kill our club and our support. When apathy replaces anger, it can be a depressing realisation that this relationship has no future.

Time to leave. And time to leave now.'

Can they really just walk out the door ? who would own the club ? surely we need a buyer, fans want a billionaire chairman who buys world class players - it is obvious these owners are not the likes of Abramovich or Sheikh Monsour - is that their fault ? would i like them to be replaced by billionaire owners - then yes. leave.

Fair do's BH,thanks for your interpretation. A move of ground is always going to whip up a bit of a frenzy. I have no doubt, with the right coach West Ham would be upper/mid table exactly where your net transfer spend has been over the last five years. Its always easy to blame the owners but they do seem to be investing. I wish you hadn't hired wee davy though. Makes it difficult for us to root for you staying up as the vast majority on here want to see him continue to fail. Realistically, he will be given a couple of months at least to get an upward trajectory but if he doesn't manage to it may well be too late so save your season.

Fair do's BH,thanks for your interpretation. A move of ground is always going to whip up a bit of a frenzy. I have no doubt, with the right coach West Ham would be upper/mid table exactly where your net transfer spend has been over the last five years. Its always easy to blame the owners but they do seem to be investing. I wish you hadn't hired wee davy though. Makes it difficult for us to root for you staying up as the vast majority on here want to see him continue to fail. Realistically, he will be given a couple of months at least to get an upward trajectory but if he doesn't manage to it may well be too late so save your season.
ive no reason for moyes to fail,(except when he plays us) I actually like the bloke more now that hes been united manager ,when he was everton manager I thought he was a dick,i feel he was used by united and fucked about by them ,i wish him all the best if I'm honest

ive no reason for moyes to fail,(except when he plays us) I actually like the bloke more now that hes been united manager ,when he was everton manager I thought he was a dick,i feel he was used by united and fucked about by them ,i wish him all the best if I'm honest
fair play. I disliked him at Everton (remember what an arsehole he was over Lescott) and even earlier when he played for Celtic. I really shouldn't speak for others though :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.