West Ham 2017/18

Those attendance figures are not bums on seat figures. Arsenalesque

The Daves have not put a penny in. It’s all loans. Have a look at the accounts and show me where they’ve actually put in

Enjoy your popcorn

argue attendance figures all you want, if some fans rather stay in the bar and moan about the stadium, manager, how much better it was at upton park when we won f*ck all then so be it.

they bought the club with THEIR OWN MONEY ... who else was around to do that ? they've loaned the money to repay the debt and Icelandic bank loan, 7% was initial interest rate now reduced to 4%

if your a grown man that gets upset by someone eating popcorn , think you need to have a word with yourself. up the hammers.

Afternoon Gents (and ladies)

Just popped in to see opinions on pellers and stumbled on this thread. I cannot believe the positive opinions on the bowl with no soul. It’s diabolical. A decent athletics stadium maybe but that is just not fit for purpose. A one off visit maybe ok but I’ve done about 35 visits now. I hate it with a passion.

My ST is admittedly in the upper tier but you just feel so detached from what’s going on, can’t even make players out.

The bowl itself was only built for 2012 and already it’s showing, the concourse floor cutting up etc, the wrap looks knackered already. I really have tried to like it, I just can’t. Everything about it starting with the most soulless walk from Stratford. Was that close to giving it all up after 25 years but caved when I realised that on match days football is secondary. All about mates and a few beers

Did I mention I hate it? I hate it

Anyway, best of luck next season and thanks for letting me on
IRONS
I liked the stadium when I went with City last season. The atmosphere was great in the lower tier. Mind you I had supped six pints in an excellent pub by the canal at Hackney Wick beforehand. Good luck to the Hammers for next season. Manuel will be great for you.

I liked the stadium when I went with City last season. The atmosphere was great in the lower tier. Mind you I had supped six pints in an excellent pub by the canal at Hackney Wick beforehand. Good luck to the Hammers for next season. Manuel will be great for you.

exactly, great stadium and great atmosphere. looking forward to new era under Manuel.

West Ham in peace.

Came here to read your comments on Pellegrini but felt obligated to put a different opinion to BlueHammer85 and echo the sentiments of Met Line Hammer.

Long term season ticket holder going with family and mates for years. Since the move I have genuinely only met one supporter who said they were happy with the stadium. Incidentally the fella sat next to me the last season at the Boleyn?

The Boleyn had character, this place is simply a large soulless bowl. Appreciate atmospheres have diminished across the board and that the Boleyn was like a morgue at times, but with the exception of two games (Chelsea LC and Spurs in the first year of the move) its been poor.

I know football has changed, but whilst at the Boleyn it still felt we had kept the "SKY football brand" at arms length, but since the move I'm no longer surrounded in the stadium by people who are there for the right reasons of being totally into West Ham.

As a result of Brady's "bright idea" during the migration to allow Season ticket holders to buy an additional season ticket for a friend (who didn't need any previous purchase history), the support within the ground has become diluted with a number in attendance having no particular vested interest in West Ham.

Indicated by the number of times I've seen parents take their kids in Arsenal and United shirts when we weren't even playing them!
This has also resulted in the vast amount of empty seats. No matter how people spin it, these seats are empty because they aren't at the game.

Hopefully things will be on the up with Pellegrini and we will become less focused on the flaws of the stadium. Its certainly a step in the right direction after the promises made about what the move would bring. I don't believe anyone dreamt the owners spill about "next level" would entail Moyes!

Personally loved Bilic (irrespective of how it ended) as I thought he represented the club with a bit of class (which is in short supply with our current owners + Brady).

So pleased to read here that Pellegrini is deemed to be held in high esteem in that regard, but obviously on a higher level than Bilic managerial wise.

Genuinely hope City can go on to dominate for the foreseeable future as long as you allow a Pellegrini led West Ham a cup final in the coming years :-)

Brooking80

West Ham in peace.

Came here to read your comments on Pellegrini but felt obligated to put a different opinion to BlueHammer85 and echo the sentiments of Met Line Hammer.

Long term season ticket holder going with family and mates for years. Since the move I have genuinely only met one supporter who said they were happy with the stadium. Incidentally the fella sat next to me the last season at the Boleyn?

The Boleyn had character, this place is simply a large soulless bowl. Appreciate atmospheres have diminished across the board and that the Boleyn was like a morgue at times, but with the exception of two games (Chelsea LC and Spurs in the first year of the move) its been poor.

I know football has changed, but whilst at the Boleyn it still felt we had kept the "SKY football brand" at arms length, but since the move I'm no longer surrounded in the stadium by people who are there for the right reasons of being totally into West Ham.

As a result of Brady's "bright idea" during the migration to allow Season ticket holders to buy an additional season ticket for a friend (who didn't need any previous purchase history), the support within the ground has become diluted with a number in attendance having no particular vested interest in West Ham.

Indicated by the number of times I've seen parents take their kids in Arsenal and United shirts when we weren't even playing them!
This has also resulted in the vast amount of empty seats. No matter how people spin it, these seats are empty because they aren't at the game.

Hopefully things will be on the up with Pellegrini and we will become less focused on the flaws of the stadium. Its certainly a step in the right direction after the promises made about what the move would bring. I don't believe anyone dreamt the owners spill about "next level" would entail Moyes!

Personally loved Bilic (irrespective of how it ended) as I thought he represented the club with a bit of class (which is in short supply with our current owners + Brady).

So pleased to read here that Pellegrini is deemed to be held in high esteem in that regard, but obviously on a higher level than Bilic managerial wise.

Genuinely hope City can go on to dominate for the foreseeable future as long as you allow a Pellegrini led West Ham a cup final in the coming years :-)

Brooking80
very realistic view mate

West Ham in peace.

Brooking80

"...as you allow a Pellegrini led West Ham a cup final in the coming years :-)"

A fair summary and fair request, but if you want that, you'll have to qualify for the Europa League first. ;-)

West Ham in peace.

Brooking80

All allowed difference opinion but people I sit near in the club 66 seats are very happy with the move and stadium.
Boleyn was great really, atmosphere at times brilliant and I was right on top of the pitch which I miss - but would I take all that over O/S. Never. This stadium is world class and gives us a genuine opportunity of investment, attracting bigger players and potentially breaking top 6.
I loved Bilic aswell, fans wanted him and the owners listened. But. He was a sh*t manager and was taking us to the Championship- they did very well getting Moyes in and now Pellegrini. Let’s face it we’re a tough crowd to please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.