West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

Bit more cutting edge and you’d have done us in normal time. Happy we won, tempered by the fact it means more games we could do without. To be fair this is the first time in living memory I can recall our lot understanding the fine art of defending - but I’m almost miffed we didn’t get beat by a side most whu don’t mind losing to..! Good luck for the rest of the season fellas…
Win it now you Irons!

People really not to give it a great with the arguing on here tonight, We were poor on the night but we still created enough to go through, It wasn't meant to be so let's move on. We've had a fabulous run in the League Cup the last 4 years something which will probably never be done again.
The players who don't normally get game time had a chance tonight and prove to Pep they deserve to be starting, They never showed up tonight we'll bring back in the 8/9 regular starters again because they deserve to be in the team.
We missed Laporte and Dias massively tonight to start off our attacks everything is done much more quicker when they are at centre back. Stones takes far too many touches on the ball, Ake doesn't really help the team in an attacking sense never breaks lines with passes or carries the ball forward. Alot of things didn't add up tonight.

West Ham went through and I hope they go on to win it now, They've beaten the best side in England and possibly Europe so good luck to them.
So they beat the Rags ... hardly the fucking best team in England and Europe. ;)

Bit more cutting edge and you’d have done us in normal time. Happy we won, tempered by the fact it means more games we could do without. To be fair this is the first time in living memory I can recall our lot understanding the fine art of defending - but I’m almost miffed we didn’t get beat by a side most whu don’t mind losing to..! Good luck for the rest of the season fellas…
I personally would rather lose to your lot than any other team. My lad was at the 2006 World Cup in Germany and got talking to some Hammers at a fan park. They have kept in touch ever since and have often stayed at his house when they play us, he in return has stayed with them. Best of luck for the season.

All good things come to an end. What an amazing run we’ve had - all those trips to Wembley will never be forgotten.

Good luck to the hammers - even with Moyes in charge it would be nice to see them win it

I love the fact that the club pushes hard to win every game & every trophy. Thought that was clear tonight and I was gutted at the end. But now strangely feel a sense of relief. It had to happen at some point and I’d rather see us go out at this stage on pens to a team like West Ham.

This season is going to be a hard one. Harder than last season because of last season, the Euros, Afcon, Kevin and Gundo still in pre-season mode. I think going out tonight will be a blessing - 1/4 final in midweek a few days before Christmas and the semis the first two weeks of January. Chelsea in the world club cup in early 2022 too. So if they or Liverpool make it to the semis it’ll work in our favour - they don’t have the strength in depth to ride that out - for the first time in donkeys years we’ll get a few full weeks to prepare for weekend games.

We play Leicester on Boxing Day, arsenal on 1 jan and chelsea on 15 jan so if the latter two get through to the semis their comparative lack of prep time should work in our favour. Ifs, buts and maybes.

Though I’ve now got a feeling that this Saturday is an even bigger game than normal. If we beat palace and then the rags then I think we’ll have a platform for the winter period and put a marker down.

Gutted we lost tonight but we not done to bad last the 4 years. Foden should be hitting the target with his pen but you can’t win them all.

If not us then rather you lads, decent old school fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.