West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Does pep just think it’s too simplistic or beneath him that fast wingers running into space are really really effective? If the only viable break outlet is sterling and his touch is such that he’ll convert 1 out of 10, maybe put someone on the right who can provide at least a similar option.

More importantly he needs to be on his strong foot because all he can do is narrow play and come inside. So if he’s the outlet get him on his natural side he’s bad with his left and won’t use it why do we keep making him so predictable

Strange match, seemed quite slow.
Sterling was pish, for someone who is supposedly "world class", he has way too many poor/indifferent showings.
Mahrez awful...again.
Pretty solid at the back for most of that match which was encouraging again.
Cancelo is a mediocre player, might have had a big hand in the goal but his passing and general play elsewhere on the pitch was not good...symbolised late on by his trying to be clever in our box and losing the ball, they almost scored. £60m for him....crikey.
Great finish from Phil Foden, he must start more games ahead of Mahrez
Kun was not fit, won't be surprised if he is out for a bit again.
There was a lot of wimping out of 50/50's in that 2nd half from various players.
Glad to get away with a point after that 1st half to be honest.
Might well turn out to be a good point later on this season, WHU looked pretty decent.
This is the first time I’ve been happy with a point in a match I know we should win in a very long time. I don’t mean relieved with a point — I mean actually happy with one. My expectations for this side have dimmed that much.

For those having tantrums we were average for our standards and bar sterling being wastefull twice at the end we would be 3rd on 10 points.

The levels of mardness when we don't destroy teams on this site are getting to arsenal fan standards

Pathetic defence, slow uninspiring midfield, clueless attack, diabolical team selection.

Pep is destroying the confidence of the team with his selections & is pissing the title away.

11th is where the team from the last 2 games would finish.
What the fuck is he playing at with the team selections? It's completely inexcusable and inexplicable. I know I'd sound a complete dick if I even suggested he's trying to get sacked but I'm scratching my head and thinking it might be the only explanation that makes sense.

i dont blame sterling for a poor touch, he has to play every game never gets a rest. Anyway chalk another non-win to the Rodrigan axis of sloth
This game, we had it won with the second half changes.
One fell to Phil. He put it away.
Unfortunately everything else fell to Sterling who hasn’t got a first touch and doesn’t strike the ball well and Mahrez, who is a wimp, greedy and so one footed it’s just too predictable.

Attack was the problem today.
Static first half and toothless second half.

If they’re tired then drop them and play Phil and Torres more.
We need speed and urgency.
Too many players being picked regardless and having it too comfortable.

I think Walker was struggling. I saw him gesticulating to the bench. Hope it’s minor as he has been our most consistent player this season.

It wouldn't be surprising if he was, he's been like fucking Superman. At one point he was doing Garcia's job at left cb as Antonio left him for dead, then he's up the right wing.

Terrible finishing, should have won this game 4-1.

Neither Mahrez nor Sterling were good enough. Don’t deserve to start the next game imo.

Looking on the bright side, no injuries, and only 2 points behind Livarpool. 5 points behind Everton but not a problem because they won’t win the league.

the league is all over the place this season - we could struggle to get top 4 - our peformance levels at present are midtable level at best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.