West Ham (a) Pre-Match Thread (League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsLlama

Back in the EPL on Wednesday. I feel like the next two rounds are going to be influential so we need to aim to win both matches. Arsenal and Liverpool are likely to drop at least three points each in those two rounds as both are playing Chelsea.

I don't see the point of dropping Caballero again, but I think we will. Hope Fernandinho doesn't walk back into the team again as I don't feel it's fair on Touré, Delph, Fernando who all have to ear their places.

Bravo
Zabaleta
Otamendi
Kolarov
Clichy
Touré
De Bruyne
Silva
Sané
Sterling
Jesus

Caballero, Nolito, Iheanacho, Stones, Fernandinho, Fernando, Kompany :)

Think it'll be tough, very much so, but expect us to win. 1-2.

Stones and Dinho to start Swansea at home. This is assuming Aguero won't be fit.

Last edited:
Pep said he doesnt think kun will be fit so same front 3 probably.

Dont think kompany should start...2 games in 5 days could be too much after a long lay off but def have him on the bench

Fernandihnio is back available and kdb as well......

Could be a couple of (positive) selection headaches for Pep

Same front 3 as today as aguero is a doubt for Wednesday.

Fernandinho needs to come back in alongside Yaya. Kompany and Stones at CB for me.

Should keep Willy in but won't and Kompany no matter how he feels shouldn't be playing 2 games in a week, next Sunday is soon enough for him.

Doubt Kompany will start having played the full 90 today, although he'd be the best equipped to deal with Carroll's aerial threat. Reckon we'll line up something like that:

Bravo
Zabaleta
Otamendi
Kolarov
Clichy
Fernandinho
Silva/Toure
De Bruyne
Sterling
Sane
Jesus

-----------------------Caballero
Sagna-------Kompany---------Otamendi------Clichy
------------------------Toure
--------------KDB-----------------Silva
Sterling---------------G. Jesus-------------------Sane

Something like that.
Caballero should start this one, I would say he's now earned that; Pep will put faith in Bravo though. Worth pointing out, I don't mind either.
I've gone with Toure, Silva and KDB over playing Dinho, think we can afford to go for this one a little bit.
No point risking Aguero, plus no point changing a winning formula.

Last edited:
A scoring front line reduces the need for the defence to keep a clean sheet. However a clean sheet gives confidence which we should have got from today.

Be interesting to see if Fernandinho starts. Maybe Pep will send him a message and put him on the bench. No good to us when suspended.

True. Thinking about it, Kompany can start against Swansea.

any reason why people aren't picking stones?

Willy Cabellero i Pray! starts....
Willy is much better shot stopper, Got great passing of the ball skills. In all honesty Willy for me is better in every Department when it comes to a goal keeper. He should be given priority 11.
Maybe even doing that might jolt Bravo to change his ways and adapt to how man city play. Because for me Bravo is waste of time. Last game against tot. that second goal he conceded was very poor to not even have got hands or some part on it. If pep keeps giving Bravo prio 11 We are going to concede more and more. What happened to this January window? Most fans are saying it the defence is pretty ragged. We need players. Some (Not mentioning names) Are not good enough now and need replacing urgently.

Tricky game. They've hit a bit of form, had a nice rest, and will be out for revenge

Hopefully we'll bring the 3 points home but not that confident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.