West Ham (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernando should be one of the first names on the team sheet. It's no coincidence we've kept 3 clean sheets in his last 3 games. I hope he keeps Yaya on the bench. Can't see it for two games in a row though. Let him call it resting him or saving him for midweek or whatever he wants but do not start him. Delph and Fernando in the middle, Sterling and Navas either side to offer pace and balance to the side with Silva behind Aguero. We need a win here if we want to win this league, we can't keep relying on Arsenal to mess up but we don't have to go out all guns blazing to win this unlike the Everton game. West Ham like to attack at home we should use pace to our advantage.

----------------Hart

Sagna Otamendi MDM Clichy

Navas Fernando Delph Sterling

--------------Silva

-------------Aguero

This is going to very difficult. Teams like West Ham can play rubbish one week, and brilliant the next. And we have the League semi-final days later.

This is precisely what is making any preview/predictions difficult.

West Ham are in good form in spite of losing to a buoyant Newcastle last round. They like to play football and their main creative influence has settled into the Prem quite nicely. They are without Sakho and Lanzini, which weakens them, but they are strong at home. They're also guilty of slow starts (like another team I know:D)

I reckon a strong engine room is crucial here. As Ninja Monkey has said, West Ham like to attack at home and it is likely that Fernando's recent appearances and our clean sheets is not a coincidence. So I would like to see Fernando as the anchor, with Yaya Toure and Delph as the no. 8's. Fernandinho does not need to be rushed back, so maybe 20-30 mins if he's fit enough. With this set up in the centre, we can nullify West Ham in a similar way to Everton last week, albeit with a different system.

For the front three, I'd like to see Silva, Aguero and Navas.

Silva can have his usual floating role in the half space and our Zone 14, while Delph can cover some of the left-flank defensive duties that would be needed. Navas would do his trademark touchline work, giving the 8's a bit more room to advance and play into.

Potential tone-changing substitutions if this is how we were to set up:

Sterling. I'm pretty sure everyone can now see past his need to improve his finishing and realise just how good this kid is and how well he's made the step up into a better team. His progress has been amazing. Anyway... the option to substitute one of the central 3 for Sterling could be a game changer. the shape would change to 451, with pace on both flanks aswell as David Silva unchained, creating something for West Ham to think about, aswell as keeping an important balance to our transitions.

Iheanacho - (Sorry Bony, if your fit, I just like this kid a lot) Kelechi subbed on for again, one of the engine room, would change our shape to 442, making us more direct. We can find the strikers between the lines from midfield, or have an extra livewirein the box. This change could be particularly effective they start retreating and only one of their flanks is providing a strong counter threat.

Hart

Clichy
Otamendi
Demichelis
Sagna

Fernando
Delph
Yaya

Silva
Aguero
Navas

Back to back clean sheets. Key players looking like themselves. Defending better as a unit. I'm confident. Hopefully, this is the beginning of 'the run.' Come on City!

Start with 4231 for this one.
Dinho / Delph as the 2 or Fernando if Dinho is not fit.
Sterling, Silva, Navas in front of them and Serge up top.
Yaya to not start again. Bring him on in the second half.
If we need a goal in the second half go 442 with Kelechi on for Navas. He seems to link well with Sterling.

Taking my missus to London for a long weekend - wonder if she'll notice ive sneaked out of Selfridges for a couple of hours whilst she's knee deep in shoes?
Think we'll edge the game by a goal if he keeps the energy in midfield. Sterling will be fresh and wanting to show that he shouldn't be left out. Navas is also fresh so be interesting to see who he uses in wide rolls. Back four pics itself with Kolorov out and I'd be happy with any of Sagna or Zabba on the right. Aguero is getting in his stride, not quite there despite his two on Saturday so another good run for him with a goal will do me.

Never fancy us away, and especially against a team who have plenty of pace on counter.

At least they don't have Carroll to come on late in the game.

Still angry about the two defeats to them over last 12 months, and hopefully KDB can carry on where he left off at the Etihad.

Tough match likely but one where we can prove our title credentials.

Tempo is key, and taking our chances when they come.

Our performances in the last 3 matches have been better alright. Now we need to start a winning run.

Our brilliant start to the league and a 10 match winning run was ended by West Ham. It would be nice to start a winning streak with our first back to back wins with revenge on Saturday evening.

If Kun and Silva are starting to click again then we should win but this season has been two steps forward one step back since September so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.