West Ham (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave Demichelis and Otamendi together. The main problem is not so much the speed of our central defenders as a lack of the understanding that can only come from playing together consistently.

We (West Ham) might have Byram signed and the RB is what we been missing this season as jenkinson been awful. Tomkins who is a CB has played there and done fine but offers nothing going forward.

We were crap against Newcastle as well as the first 45 against Saints and Bournemouth, we need to start from KO or you'se could be out of sight by HT

Hope any of you down enjoy your journey.

I do a small west ham youtube show, if anyone fancies coming on as need a City fan to chat about ....City, then message me or reply to this, only takes 5 mins and done via webcam

PS-I hope you win the league

Bluemoon rising tv on YouTube may be interested.

Anyone know their name on here?

They usually do a preview with other club and I'm sure they would be happy to help

We've had 3 clean sheets in a row, but MDM still worries me. He was never a greyhound, but his judgment and common sense used to compensate. Now he has lost a step, he is regularly being shown up and Otamendi is consistently having to cover for him. West Ham at Upton is arguably our toughest game since the Arse and assuming Mangala is still unfit, I think it's imperative we start Sagna at CB. This also allows us to continue with Zabba at RB who injects pace and energy we have been missing.

Like others I would like to see Delph and Fernando (or Fernandinho if fit) with Yaya on the bench in case we are chasing the game or need ball control in the second half.

Don't expect either though. Think MDM and Yaya will both start.

So, to be clear? You advocate a change of centre backs after 3 clean sheets in a row?
You want to go to a tough away ground and experiment with a totally different defence?

Demichellis and Otamendi have played for Argentina together plenty of times, know each other well and have been high class centre halves for years, heck they even speak the same language. Oh and did I mention 3 clean sheets in a row? Yet you want to start a right back who is woefully short of game time, move our stand out defender this season out of position, play Otamendi on the other side of the back two?

Sometimes City fans really do baffle me.

As for last Saturday, I'm a big Iheanacho fan but we looked twice the side when Ya Ya came on.

Last edited:
So, to be clear? You advocate a change of centre backs after 3 clean sheets in a row?
You want to go to a tough away ground and experient with a totally different defence?

Demichellis and Otamendi have played for Argentina together plenty of times, know each other well and have been high class centre halves for years, heck they even speak the same language. Oh and did I mention 3 clean sheets in a row? Yet you want to start a right back who is woefully short of game time, move our stand out defender this season out of position, play Otamendi on the other side of the back two?

Sometimes City fans really do baffle me.

As for last Saturday, I'm a big Iheanacho fan but we looked twice the side when Ya Ya came on.
Hoping Mangala is back. Demchelis is a liability when he gets exposed 1 on 1. I'd have played Sagna there, but too late now to bring him in.

I think I'd go 5 in midfield but with players who can join Aguero

---------------Hart
Zabaleta--Otamendi--Mangala--Clichy
--------------Fernando
---------Fernandinho--Delph
----------Silva--------Sterling
-----------------Aguero

Would have loved to go to this one. Last time I was at Upton Park was the last day of the season relegation/hammers pitch invasion/starting to get tense/us singing "we'll meet again"/all best buddies/go out for beers after for a good ol' knees ap mather brahn...(presumably up the ol' apples an' pears or similar)

We've had 3 clean sheets in a row, but MDM still worries me. He was never a greyhound, but his judgment and common sense used to compensate. Now he has lost a step, he is regularly being shown up and Otamendi is consistently having to cover for him. West Ham at Upton is arguably our toughest game since the Arse and assuming Mangala is still unfit, I think it's imperative we start Sagna at CB. This also allows us to continue with Zabba at RB who injects pace and energy we have been missing.

Like others I would like to see Delph and Fernando (or Fernandinho if fit) with Yaya on the bench in case we are chasing the game or need ball control in the second half.

Don't expect either though. Think MDM and Yaya will both start.
Other than Sergio's injuries, the most frustrating thing about this season for me is not being able to see a potentially world class partnership blossom between Kompany and Otamendi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.