West Ham (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shorter than a month is good news with Fern.

Surely we go in for a left-back now with Mendy still always injured?

Negligent not to now. Even if you were hopeful mendy could come good this season, we’re now in our 3rd season without a left back

Tough game away considering we are still not at our best. Don't care how we win as long as the 3 points come back to manchester. Scrappy 2-1 win.

West Ham's new signing Said Benrahma is expected to be among the substitutes.

Michail Antonio is available despite being taken off against Tottenham as a precaution, while fellow forward Sebastien Haller is back after a knock.
Manchester City midfielder Fernandinho will be out for up to 4 weeks after he suffered a leg injury against Porto.

Kevin de Bruyne and Aymeric Laporte have returned to training but manager Pep Guardiola is unsure if they will be fit enough to play.

Nathan Ake could also return, but Gabriel Jesus and Benjamin Mendy remain out.

Antonio is fine.. Taken off as a precaution. It should (I'm forever mindful of how you lot perform at our gaff) and I repeat should, be a decent game. I'll take a 1-1 but am hopeful you won't be putting your usual hatful past us this time, well not at least without some going in the other end too. 1-1 or an insane 5-4 either way match.

They are in brilliant form. All of their players have started well. Antonio, Bowen and Fournals are dangerous on the break. Soucek, Balbuena and Antonio are dangerous at set pieces. Cresswell's putting in very dangerous deliveries.

They also play the formation we struggle with - 343.

So I'm not looking forward to this one. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost, but because it's West Ham...I also wouldn't be that surprised if they caved in and we smashed them. They aren't going to repeat the Spurs comeback any time soon, and our defence is much better than Spurs'.

I think we might see the formation we used vs. Arsenal, because that worked well to nullify the formation they're using. 343 diamond with Cancelo in midfield - unless KDB is fit and he could play that role? Laporte would probably take Aké's spot.

But then again, Porto played the same formation and we played a shit 442 in the first half.

Last edited:
They are in brilliant form. All of their players have started well. Antonio, Bowen and Fournals are dangerous on the break. Soucek, Balbuena and Antonio are dangerous at set pieces. Cresswell's putting in very dangerous deliveries.

They also play the formation we struggle with - 343.

So I'm not looking forward to this one. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost, but because it's West Ham...I also wouldn't be that surprised if they caved in and we smashed them. They aren't going to repeat the Spurs comeback any time soon, and our defence is much better than Spurs'.

I think we might see the formation we used vs. Arsenal, because that worked well to nullify the formation they're using. 343 diamond with Cancelo in midfield - unless KDB is fit and he could play that role? Laporte would probably take Aké's spot.

But then again, Porto played the same formation and we played a shit 442 in the first half.
Pep did say he had never seen Porto play that formation. Pep changed it half time by pushing Sterling central and moving Cancelo further up. I agree we might well see the same formation as the Arsenal game.

At the moment its all about getting results than performances. We normally play really well at the start of the season but no pre-season has put paid to that. Hopefully we will see those performances where we smash teams in the next few months. probably after the next international break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.