West Ham (A) | Sun 7 Aug 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday he was playing about 3 yards in front of the central defenders with Rodri ahead of him!! Not sure if it was lack of tactical awareness from one/both or some kind of tactic but it wasn’t pleasing on the eye.
Positionally! Got you! Yeah, I don't know if the double pivot was a deliberate tactic to beat the press.

I thought you meant ahead of him in the sense of playing Bernie as a DM and I thought you'd gone mad.

Positionally! Got you! Yeah, I don't know if the double pivot was a deliberate tactic to beat the press.

I thought you meant ahead of him in the sense of playing Bernie as a DM and I thought you'd gone mad.
It did seem that way, Bernie was picking the ball up very deep (in the box sometimes) & Rodri was more advanced, Rueben in particular was lofting 30yd balls into midfield to beat the press, and Rodri was in and around those areas, the idea was good but the execution was poor, with many passes going straight out of play when looking for a FB

It did seem that way, Bernie was picking the ball up very deep (in the box sometimes) & Rodri was more advanced, Rueben in particular was lofting 30yd balls into midfield to beat the press, and Rodri was in and around those areas, the idea was good but the execution was poor, with many passes going straight out of play when looking for a FB
I haven't watched the full match tbh but Bernie picking the ball up deep doesn't sound that unusual to me. Particularly, when Liverpool press high with a front three and you'd ideally want to create numerical superiority..

No one picking Gundogan to start ? Is he not part of our first choice XI any longer ?
Haven't followed West Ham's pre season at all but I'd be concerned about Bowen targeting our left side if Cancelo and Grealish start. Should be an attacking game with plenty of chances.

He hasn't been for a long long time?

Yup, same old stupid Pep, no wonder we lost out on 4 titles in the past 5 seasons :( I hope he learns from his mistakes this time around.

I see what you're saying but logically if we keep getting into tight title races with Liverpool, and we keep starting seasons badly because of a lack of preseason, eventually those two things are going to combine and cost us a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.