West Ham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Fairly routine really. Wasn't the best first half of football, but at any other time of the season you'd just chalk it off and move on, but it feels more tense than it probably was. Every game we win now makes that loss/two draws cushion we have in our pocket feel a bit more valuable.

These quiet rotations are so important for us. Just hope we can get our best 11 on the pitch in Madrid.

Walker doing the job of 2 people with Mahrez ahead of him.
It was a very subdued first half from Mahrez, wasn’t able to get involved at all.

Thought he perked up second half and did much better, though the whole team was more fluid once the first went in (and it was a great delivery from Riyad).

Job done just fine in the end from the boys, delighted for Haaland getting what he deserves. Regroup and rest ahead of Leeds, hopefully a few get a bit of rest.

I'm curious to hear others' opinions on Walker.

Do the positives of him out there really outweigh the negatives at this point?

IMO they don't. Akanji is far more comfortable on the ball and while he's not as quick, he's certainly no slouch in the pace department. I assume he's been playing because Pep does have one eye on Madrid and Walker is best suited to match up with Vini on that side.
He is still a good defender, I don’t think that’s in doubt. He’s never been great on the ball but frustratingly he is seemingly getting worse. His 1st thought is always to go backwards. He is a senior player, but he doesn’t have the mentality of one. He’s far too happy to pass responsibility on to someone else. I’m not asking for him to be like prime Cafu, but at the moment he makes Ake look like Roberto Carlos in possession. Having Mahrez in front of him makes it even worse. It’s like having 2 x negative full backs on the right.

Easy win in the end.

Good performance from Ake and Stones and I thought Ortega was very good.

Didn’t think Alvarez was as effective as usual tonight but no poor performances.

Good win. Bit disappointing once again how many people left their seats before half time (family stand in particular) and at the end.

3-0 would suggest it was comfortable, it was anything but for 70 minutes. Set pieces coming through for us again, a really underrated side of our game that's improved significantly since we got that set piece coach in from brentford and of course the big man upfront making the difference. Tough night. A tiring one which is concerning with what's around the corner but the task is to simply get the job done and we did it and then some in the end. Give me 4 more of those in the league please.

I was cacking my pants at 1-0, after all the penalty appeals we had knocked back I could just see them getting a really soft decision. I think the hard thing is going to be the Real Madrid decision, does he go with the hairband or just let it flow?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.