West Ham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

That'll do!

Barely got out of 2nd gear but it'll do!

Great chip by Haaland, really good header by Ake and nice cameo by Foden.

At times I thought we were sleep walking through the game but we didn't give up any!

Ortega was EFFING AWESOME IN GOAL tonight!!!
Haha, barely noticed it wasn't Eddison - but that explains why he was so comfy with it on his right foot all the time! Was wondering...

Great performance that in the context of a few tricky games in the next 2 weeks which are likely to define our season, and potentially Pep's tenure.

I always find it amazing how teams like West Ham are able to play like they did in the first half...and not find themselves challenging for a European spot. Moyes must fuckin hate his team when he sees how well they can play, but choose to raise it for the big games. Some of their passing was really good and in truth, they are a decent side who've been killed by the curse of that awful Europa League thing that no one cares about. If they'd finished 9th last year, they'd be 9th this year and definitely not fighting relegation.

I always say this, but when teams like WHU have a few games left to play and are facing relegation, they play out of their skin. Unfortunately for them, we could play anyone in the world at the minute and not break sweat!

Anyway, I thought Ortega was superb in everything he did and in truth he can replace Ederson who's looked very sloppy at times this season. Ake, Stones, Dias and Walker were as you'd expect - like a brick wall. Great goal from Ake who's chipped in with some belters this season.

The plaudits will go to the best player in the world - Haaland - but I thought Silva and Grealish were immense. Silva is Silva and just all over the pitch but it's got to be said, Grealish is becoming as important to us as Dias and Rodri. Considering his game is to take people on, you very, very rarely see him lose the ball and he's becoming a real goal threat now. MOTM for me.

As for Haaland, it's astonishing to think he barely plays a full game. If he isn't the Ballon D'Or winner this season, it's bent. Simple as that. As much as I loved The Goat and Aguero, this lad is a clear cut above the pair of these two - combined :)

Overall, great win and a real blow for Arsenal. It's going to kick into them soon know they HAVE to win every game and still not win the league. It killed Liverpool and it will kill them next season... Pep is in their heads!

One last tip from me, get the Champers in and lots of it! We're in for a VERY GOOD season!

COME ON CITY!!

A good win in the end.
As soon as we scored it was over, as they offered nothing really.

Great to see Ake and Phil back and both score.

We're running out of superlatives for Erling. It was a great finish for his goal.

To break the PL in his first season with five games to go is amazing really.
I've never seen anyone like him and it's scary to think that working under Pep, the lad is just going to get better!

Great performance that in the context of a few tricky games in the next 2 weeks which are likely to define our season, and potentially Pep's tenure.

I always find it amazing how teams like West Ham are able to play like they did in the first half...and not find themselves challenging for a European spot. Moyes must fuckin hate his team when he sees how well they can play, but choose to raise it for the big games. Some of their passing was really good and in truth, they are a decent side who've been killed by the curse of that awful Europa League thing that no one cares about. If they'd finished 9th last year, they'd be 9th this year and definitely not fighting relegation.

I always say this, but when teams like WHU have a few games left to play and are facing relegation, they play out of their skin. Unfortunately for them, we could play anyone in the world at the minute and not break sweat!

Anyway, I thought Ortega was superb in everything he did and in truth he can replace Ederson who's looked very sloppy at times this season. Ake, Stones, Dias and Walker were as you'd expect - like a brick wall. Great goal from Ake who's chipped in with some belters this season.

The plaudits will go to the best player in the world - Haaland - but I thought Silva and Grealish were immense. Silva is Silva and just all over the pitch but it's got to be said, Grealish is becoming as important to us as Dias and Rodri. Considering his game is to take people on, you very, very rarely see him lose the ball and he's becoming a real goal threat now. MOTM for me.

As for Haaland, it's astonishing to think he barely plays a full game. If he isn't the Ballon D'Or winner this season, it's bent. Simple as that. As much as I loved The Goat and Aguero, this lad is a clear cut above the pair of these two - combined :)

Overall, great win and a real blow for Arsenal. It's going to kick into them soon know they HAVE to win every game and still not win the league. It killed Liverpool and it will kill them next season... Pep is in their heads!

One last tip from me, get the Champers in and lots of it! We're in for a VERY GOOD season!

COME ON CITY!!

You say whu played well. I think if WHU played with every player in their box week after week their fans might get pissed off.

A good win in the end.
As soon as we scored it was over, as they offered nothing really.

Great to see Ake and Phil back and both score.

We're running out of superlatives for Erling. It was a great finish for his goal.

To break the PL in his first season with five games to go is amazing really.
I've never seen anyone like him and it's scary to think that working under Pep, the lad is just going to get better!
There's no doubt in my mind that was a world class goal, his lightening movement when Jack got it, his awareness of what the keeper was doing and his decision to chip it instead of blasting it. Fucking poetry in motion. I love this guy :)

You say whu played well. I think if WHU played with every player in their box week after week their fans might get pissed off.
I thought they did, first half in particular they couldn't got a goal and had probably more spells of pressure than I can remember most teams having. Put it this way, they didn't look to me like a team fighting relegation if I had no idea about the table.

Let's be honest, most teams pack the box but WHU definitely had something more about them than just bus parking.

A game of two halves.
First half was slow and static.
West Ham defended well, but I feel we helped with that.
They sat back and we stood with them.
Second half much better.
More movement and more of a threat.
3 points is all that matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.