West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a nice sunny day with a gentle breeze here in newton le willows. Called it off too soon.

Weather might be ok at kick off but roads/motorways are closed, trains cancelled all over the place. All in all it would of been a nightmare if not impossible getting there and back for so many that it’s clearly the right decision.

The game doesn't go ahead, just if the players are there. What about all the staff?. Stewards, caterers, volunteers, police, ambulance. Have a think. If you're fine with any blue or anyone making their way to the game, that gets injured or worse, because we've made a decision to go to a game then I'm speechless.

The game is off. Fair enough, but you aren’t half overdoing the health and safety facilitator act. For example, our Club stress that the majority of the staff live fairly close to the ground. I’m sure the vast majority of staff could have made it to the Etihad. It doesn’t matter now because the game will be rearranged.

I wonder who made the decision to call off the game, and how they came to that decision?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the weather is absolutely fine now, so it makes the decision look a bit of a wimp out.

If it was made to help travelling fans from putting themselves in danger, then fair enough.

Fucking hell pal I know the games off but surely there are better things you could be doing?

Most of the flight is quite dull but when it gets to manchester it really hots up. Fascinating to see all the weird patterns it does before finally giving up and heading back. Also you can fast forward through the dull bits.

Weather might be ok at kick off but roads/motorways are closed, trains cancelled all over the place. All in all it would of been a nightmare if not impossible getting there and back for so many that it’s clearly the right decision.

Country's gone soft.

I wonder who made the decision to call off the game, and how they came to that decision?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the weather is absolutely fine now, so it makes the decision look a bit of a wimp out.

If it was made to help travelling fans from putting themselves in danger, then fair enough.

One look at the weather forecast in Manchester showed that it'll ease up a lot in the afternoon and by kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.